Natural Treatment of Urinary Tract Infections
What is a Urinary Tract Infection?
An infection in the urinary tract which carries the urine from the kidneys to the external orifice is called as a urinary tract infection. It is mostly accompanied by a few characteristic symptoms with which it can be diagnosed clinically.
It is one of the most common type of infection affecting the general population.
It is not a deadly disease and symptoms may at times subside by themselves. At other times, medical treatment may be required. Urinary tract infections can recur if ignored and may rarely become a serious health concern.
Symptoms of Urinary Tract Infection
Common symptoms of Urinary tract infection include:-
- Pain or burning upon urination
- Fever with or without chills
- Increased frequency or urgency to pass urine
- Urine may be blood stained and pink in color.
- Pain and cramping may also occur in the lower abdomen.
- Foul smelling urine or cloudy urine
- Pelvic pain in women in the center of pelvis and around the area of the pubic bone
Urinary Tract Infection in Men
Urinary tract infection does not commonly afflict males. It is more commonly found in females.
In hospitalized patients, urinary catheter placement accounts for more than 70 % of the urinary tract infections in males.
Catheterized urinary tract becomes more prone to catch bacterial infections and it may even rise up, to affect the bladder.
Urinary Tract Infection in Women
Urinary tract infection women more prone than men as the female urethra is a lot shorter than the male urethra.
Sexual intercourse can also lead to urinary tract infections. Use of intra uterine devices, condoms and other contraceptives can alter the pH of the urethra and the vagina making it more prone to develop urinary tract infections.
Urinary Tract Infection in Pregnancy
Due to minor physiological and anatomical changes in the female reproductive system, Urinary tract infections are of common occurrence in pregnancy. They are most common in the first and last trimester of the pregnancy.
Though common, Urinary tract infection in pregnancy should not be ignored as it may cause serious health issues in the fetus or the new born.
Who all are at Risk of Developing Urinary Tract Infection?
- Diabetic patients
- Old age
- Urinary catheterization
- Fecal incontinence
- Renal stones
- Multiple partners for sexual intercourse
- History of Urinary tract infections
- Any anatomical abnormality in the urethra
- Enlarged prostrate
- Retention of urine
- Consuming heavy and spicy food
How to Prevent a Urinary Tract Infection?
- Keep your perineum (area around the anus and urethra) region clean and hygienic.
- For females, sanitary pads are a better option than tampons, for use during the days of menses.
- Avoid applying too much of any alkaline soap in and around the anus and urethra.
- Maintain sexual hygiene
- Drink several glasses of water every day.
- Cranberry juice and Coconut water also are some of the better options.
What are the Chances of Recurrence of Urinary Tract Infection?
There are approximately 20 % chances of recurrence of urinary tract infection in females who had a previous episode of Urinary tract infection.
With every episode, the chances of recurrence increase all the more.
Cause of recurrent Urinary Tract Infection?
It is always better to get a thorough check up done along with the necessary investigations to rule out any pathology that may be coexisting with this condition.
Probable Complications of Urinary Tract Infections
- Kidney disease (Chronic kidney disease)
- Hydronephrosis – fluid retention in the kidneys.
- Septicemia – Spread of infection in blood.
- Premature delivery in case of pregnant females.
Herbal Remedies for Urinary Tract Infections by Planet Ayurveda
According to ayurvedic concept UTI is known as Pittaj Mutrakrichhra, which is due to the aggravated Pitta Dosha. Pitta as per Ayurvedic represents heat or fire. So, the diet and lifestyle are very much responsible to increases Pitta which results to UTI. Aggravated Pitta produces heating toxins in the body which accumulate in the mutravahi strotas (urinary channels) and leads to imbalance in the properties which fights against infection in the urinary system.
Planet Ayurveda provides best combination of effective herbal remedies such as UTI Care Pack for natural treatment of urinary tract infections. These herbal remedies are manufactured from 100% pure and natural herbs; without the use of any chemicals, binders, fillers, colors, yeast, starch, preservatives or additives. These remedies are prepared under the supervision of renowned Ayurveda experts.
- Punarnava Capsules - 2 capsules twice daily with warm water after meal.
- Gokshuradi Guggul - 2 tablets twice daily with warm water after meal.
- Varunadi Vati - 2 tablets twice daily with warm water after meal.
- Chandanadi Vati - 2 tablets twice daily with warm water after meal.
- Reno Plan Syrup - 2 tsp twice daily with warm water after meal.
1. Punarnava Capsules
Planet Ayurveda offers a herbal product Punarnava Capsules, which is effective against urinary tract infections. Herbal remedies for urinary tract infection by planet Ayurveda has excellent properties to treat the urinary tract infections. The herb used in is Punarnava (Boerhavia diffusa). Other than UTI Punarnava cap is also helpful in many other health issues.
- Reduces swelling
- Useful in Hemorrhoids
- Speeds up the wound healing
- Useful in relieving pain
- It is considered to be excellent diuretic
2. Gokshuradi Guggul
3. Varunadi Vati
Planet Ayurveda offers an herbal product Varunadi vati which is quite effective against the urinary tract infections. The herbs used in it are Punarnava (Boerhavia diffusa), Varun (Crataeva nurvala), Gokshura (Tribulus terrestris), and shudha guggulu (Commiphora mukul).
4. CHANDANADI VATI
5. RENO PLAN SYRUP
To buy UTI Care Pack, please visit store.planetayurveda.com/products/uti-care-pack.