Ayurvedic Treatment of Urticaria (Hives)
Urticaria is also known as hives. It is a condition in which an outbreak of pale red bumps, patches or welts on the skin appear suddenly. It may be due to allergies or may be due to some other reasons.
Body Parts affected by Urticaria
Hives can appear anywhere on the body. It can occur on the face, lips, tongue, throat or ear etc. The size of hive may vary from small to medium. They may even join together to form larger area and this condition is known as plaques. They can last for hours, for several days, or for months even.
Cause of Urticaria
- Foods are one of the common cause of Urticaria. Foods that cause hives includes nuts, chocolate, tomtaoes, eggs, soy, wheat etc.
- Some Medicines are also responsible for the urticaria.
- Allergy and infections are the common cause of urticaria.
- Inflammation of the blood vessels or vasculitis.
- Environmental factors such as low or high temperature.
Types of Urticaria
1. Simple dermographism
It is the most common cause of physical urticaria. It results due to rubbing or scratching.
2. Solar Urticaria
Exposure to sun results in solar urticaria.
3. Cholinergic Urticaria
High body temperature is responsible for the cholinergic urticaria. Body temperature may increase due to sweating, hot showers, exercise or anxiety.
4. Cold Urticaria
It occurs due to exposure to low temperatures followed by rewarming.
5. Delayed pressure Urticaria
It may appear as red swelling 6 to 8 hours after pressure has been applied. It occurs as a result of pressure or constriction.
Urticaria is Different in Several Ways
- Hives can appear on any part of the body and may disappear for a short period of time and may reappear.
- Red or skin colored bumps usually appear suddenly and disappear as quickly.
- Blanching: Pressing the centre of a red hive makes it turn white. This condition is called as blanching.
Urticaria in Ayurveda
Ayurveda is one of the oldest and the natural healthcare system that helps balancing all the three doshas of the body in a natural way and hence helps maintain overall health of the body.
In Ayurveda, Urticaria is known as "Sheetapitta". It is a condition that is caused due to vitiation of all the three doshas Vata, pitta and kapha. It is due to predominance of Vata dosha.
The word sheetapitta is derived from the combination of two words sheeta and pitta. The word sheeta means cold while the word pitta means warm. So sheetapitta is a condition that is caused due to the dominance of cold (that exist in vata and kapha dosha) over pitta dosha.
Herbal Remedies for Urticaria
Planet Ayurveda provides best combination of effective herbal remedies such as Allergy Care Pack for ayurvedic treatment of urticaria. These herbal remedies are prepared from using best quality herbs and strictly follow the principles of Ayurveda. All these herbal remedies of Planet Ayurveda are 100 percent pure, natural and vegetarian. These are free from chemicals, additives and preservatives. These are safe to use as these are free from side effects.
- Tulsi Capsules - 2 Capsules, twice daily with plain water after meals.
- Praanrakshak Churna - 1 teaspoonful, twice daily with plain water after meals.
- Aller-G Care - 2 Capsules, twice daily with plain water after meals.
- Curcumin Capsules - 2 Capsules, twice daily with plain water after meals.
1. Tulsi Capsules
Tulsi plant is grown as an annual herb in temperate climates. It is a much branched herb, up to 18 inches tall and grows into a low bush. The leaves of this herb are the useful part of this plant and are used in cooking and for medicinal purposes. Tulsi Capsules contain pure extract of Tulsi (Ocimum tenuiflorum). It maintains healthy skin, healthy immune system & healthy body.
2. Praanrakshak Churna
Praanrakshak Churna contains Shirish (Mimosa tree), Vaasa (Malabur net), Anantmool (Sarasprilla), Dalchini (Cinnamon), Bharangi (Clerodandrum) and Madhuyashti (Licorice) in it. This churna helps maintain overall health of the body.
3. Aller G Care
Aller G care contains Haridra (Curcuma longa), Neem (Azadirachita indica), Shirish (Albezzia lebbock), and Ashwagandha (Withania somnifera) in it. Neem is a useful herb for balancing the vata dosha and helps maintain healthy skin. Haridra is a common herb known as turmeric. Shirish is also an herb that is helpful in removing amma from the body. Ashwagandha is popularly known as Indian Ginseng and is helpful in balancing vata dosha.
4. Curcumin Capsules
Curcumin is the principle compound of turmeric that is responsible for the yellow color of turmeric. It is mainly used as food coloring. It helps in the maintenance of healthy body.
To buy Allergy Care Pack, please visit store.planetayurveda.com/products/allergy-care-pack