USES OF SWARNA (GOLD) BHASMA IN AYURVEDA
Ayurveda is one of the world's oldest healing system that creates balance between mind, body and spirit. The main aim of Ayurvedic medicine is to promote good health. In Ayurveda, Bhasmas are used to manage the worst diseased condition of patients. Bhasma are very fine powders made by process of calcinations of minerals, metals, natural stones or gem. Various bhasma are used from ancient time by ayurvedic practitioners for its therapeutic purposes. The bhasma used are prepared with methods that involve detoxification of raw materials, grinding them with herbal juices, making small pieces of them, drying and heating them. Process of preparation of bhasma may involve a week to three years. The end-material of this process are residues of minerals and metals that are also known as ashes.
WHAT IS SWARNA BHASMA?
There are so many bhasma in Ayurveda one of them is "Swarna Bhasma". It is one of the most popular bhasma used for therapeutic purposes. Pure extract (24 carats) of gold that undergoes in calcination or incineration process, so that it can be used for healing purpose. Swarna bhasma is used for various health conditions. It should be consumed under medical supervision only.
HOW IS SWARNA BHASMA COMPOSED?
For the preparation of Swarna bhasma, purified gold of twenty four carats are used. Along with gold some other minerals also used in standardized composition of Swarna bhasma. These minerals are sulfur (3.3%w/w), free sulfur from (1.4 to 6.4% w/w), sodium (0.9% w/w), potassium (0.4%w/w), copper (17.2% w/w) and ferrous oxide (5.7% w/w) etc.
HOW IS SWARNA BHASMA PREPARED?
Ayurvedic preparation of Swarna bhasma consists various techniques that include calcination process of pure gold with raw materials and other herbs. The procedure of preparation of Swarna bhasma are mentioned below:
- A pure gold leaf is grounded with lemon juice.
- It should be mixed with paste of mercurial compound.
- After that it should be stored in a close container in absence of air for five hours.
- The purpose of this process is to clean gold from its impurities and convert it into therapeutic form.
WHAT ARE AYURVEDIC PROPERTIES AND ACTION OF SWARNA BHASMA?
Swarna bhasma pacifies all three energies vata, pitta and kapha in body. As per ayurveda rasa, guna, virya and vipaka of Swarna bhasma are mentioned below:-
- Rasa: Astringent, sweet, slightly bitter
- Guna: Light, Unctuous
- Virya: Cooling action
- Vipaka: Sweet
WHAT ARE MEDICINAL BENEFITS OF SWARNA BHASMA?
There are various medicinal benefits of Swarna bhasma that are mentioned below. It acts in the body and consists of properties such as:
- Antioxidant: Swarna bhasma prevents oxidation from result of free radicals in body.
- Detoxifier: This bhasma enhances detoxification in body.
- Analgesic: It helps to alleviates pain.
- Anticonvulsant: Swarna bhasma gives effective result in convulsions like epileptic fits.
- Anti-aging: Use of this bhasma prevents and reverses the signs of aging.
- Anti-asthmatic: This bhasma prevents and alleviates asthma attacks.
- Anti-helminthic: Swarna bhasma prevents and removes the entry of parasites.
- Anti-stress agent: It reduces stress and anxiety of an individual.
- Liver tonic: Swarna bhasma improves and stimulates liver health.
- Cardio-stimulant: The bhasma improves the general cardiac system and maintains a healthy heart.
- Nervine tonic: This bhasma stimulates nervous system and improves memory.
- Immunomodulator: It improves the functioning of immunological system in body.
- Health tonic: Swarna bhasma restores and improves health of an individual.
VARIOUS THERAPEUTIC USES OF SWARNA BHASMA
Swarna bhasma is used for acute as well as chronic diseases. It shows countless benefits that show effective result to different body parts and improve their functioning. Various therapeutic benefits of Swarna bhasma are mentioned below:
- Blood purifier: Swarna bhasma induces purification of blood that manages overall system in body. It clears accumulation of toxins that can lead to unexplainable disorders.
- Cardiac system: Swarna bhasma balances various diseases of cardiac system including myocardial infarction and angina pectoris. This bhasma maintains blood pressure and pumping capacity of heart. It strengthens heart muscles, and promotes good blood flow in body.
- Mental health: Consumption of Swarna bhasma improves memory, coordination, concentration and mental health. The bhasma fights against conditions like brain inflammation, depression and diabetic neuropathy.
- Immunity booster: This bhasma gives protection against viral and microbial infections.
- Tuberculosis: Anti-microbial properties of Swarna bhasma manages first and second stage of tuberculosis.
- Tumor and cancer: Swarna bhasma stops and prevents development of unwanted tumor and cancer cells.
- Sexual problems: The bhasma provides effective results in conditions like erectile dysfunction, premature ejaculation and infertility. It acts as an aphrodisiac.
- Paralysis: This bhasma shows effective result in patients suffering from hemiplegia and complete paralysis.
INDICATIONS OF SWARNA BHASMA
- Complete paralysis
- Premature ejaculation
- Myocardial infarction
- Angina pectoris
- Skin diseases
- Memory loss
- Heart diseases
DOSAGE OF SWARNA BHASMA
- For an adult: 15 to 30mg per day.
- For infants of less than 5 years: A dose of 5mg per day.
- For children from 5 to 10 years: A dose of 10mg per day.
- For children from 10 to 16 years: A dose of 15mg per day.
Swarna bhasma should be used under supervision of medical practitioner.
To buy Swarna Bhasma, please visit store.planetayurveda.com/products/suvarna-svarna-bhasma