Ayurvedic Treatment of Endometriosis
Ayurvedic treatment for endometriosis is the safest way to get relief from the symptoms of endometriosis like heavy bleeding and severe pelvic pain etc. The herbal Ayurvedic treatment has proven its efficacy in contrast to NSAIDS and hormonal therapy, which are widely used for treating endometriosis.
The internal lining of the Uterus is made up of special cells called endometrial cells. These cells are discarded every month during menstruation. Sometimes these cells attach to the tissue, which is present outside the uterus called endometrial implants. These implants leads to an unbearable condition called endometriosis. The endometrial implants can be found on fallopian tubes, ovaries, cervix, vagina, urinary bladder and rarely in lungs, old scars and liver. These endometrial implants react in response to hormonal changes and leads to bleeding as menses, which prolongs the menstrual flow with heavy clots.
Endometriosis affects most of the women in their reproductive age. The cause of infertility is endometriosis in 25-35 % females. About 30-45% of cases painful menses are because of endometriosis. The endometriosis is characterized by pain in lower abdomen and uncontrolled bleeding which prolongs for a longer time. Endometriosis is rare in postmenopausal females. Studies reveal that endometriosis is common in taller and thin females with a low BMI.
Causes of Endometriosis
The exact cause of endometriosis is unidentified. But some theories suggest possibilities of these underlying cause:-
- Unprogressive menstruation
- Abnormal growth of embryonic cells
- Transportation of endometrial cell through blood or lymphatic
- Loss in immunity
- Endometrial cell implantation while surgery
- History of endometriosis in family
- Toxins in the environment leads an imbalance in hormones
Classical Symptoms of Endometriosis
- Mild to severe pain in pelvic region
- Painful menses
- Irregular menses
- Heavy menstrual periods
- Menstrual blood contains big blood clots
- Spotting before menses
- Pain during sex
- Increase in urinary frequency
- Painful micturition
- Infertility because of scarring of ovaries and fallopian tubes
The hormonal replacement therapy and NSAIDS are mostly used as a treatment for endometriosis by doctors but Ayurvedic approach for the treatment of endometriosis includes balancing doshas to achieve normal menstrual cycle and relax mind.
According to Ayurveda, all the three doshas (vata, pitta and kapha) are involved in endometriosis. Vata is the most common factor responsible for gynecological disorders. The vitiated Vata displaces endometrial cells from their actual location in uterus to outside. Pain in menses due to endometriosis is also a contribution of vata. The changes in hormone levels, blood flow and any inflammation in endometrium points towards vitiated pitta. Kapha is responsible for overgrowth of endometrial cells.
Endometriosis can be Diagnosed by
- Transvaginal ultrasonography
Complications of Endometriosis
Herbal Remedies for Endometriosis by Planet Ayurveda
Planet Ayurveda offers best combination of effective herbal remedies such as Endometriosis Care Pack for Ayurvedic treatment of endometriosis. This pack will balance all three doshas in body. Only the best quality herbs are chosen for the preparation of these herbal remedies and are made on the principles of Ayurveda. The remedies offered by Planet Ayurveda are natural, pure and vegetarian. Also, there are no chemicals, additives and preservatives which makes it free from side effects.
- Female Health Support - 2 capsules twice daily after meals with warm water.
- Aloe Vitals - 1 capsule twice daily after meals with warm water.
- Pradrantak Churna - 1 teaspoonful twice daily with warm water.
- Shatavari Capsules - 2 capsules twice daily after meals with warm water.
- Boswellia Curcumin - 2 capsules twice daily after meals with warm water.
1. Female Health Support
This product is formulated keeping in view the principles of Ayurveda. According to Ayurveda the balance of Vata, Pitta and Kapha disease free-state. Whereas their imbalance causes diseases. The herbs in this herbal formulation acts in a synergistic manner to alleviate vitiated Vata and Pitta. According to Ayurvedic principles, vitiated Vata is the root cause of any gynecological disorders like irregular painful menstruation. Excess Pitta leads to heavy menstrual flow, hot flushes and mental irritation. The capsule contains standardized extracts of Ashoka, Lodhra and Shatavari that give effective result in endometriosis.
2. Aloe Vitals
Planet Ayurveda offers Aloe vera in capsule form, which are easy to take and equally effective as its raw pulp. Aloe vera is widely known as an antioxidant. Aloe Vitals capsules helps to clear the toxin digestive system. The constituents like salicylic acid, lupeol, cinnamic acid enables Aloe Vera to fight against micro-organisms. It enhances the functioning of liver, kidneys, and gall bladder. The capsule Aloe Vitals normalizes the pH in the digestive tract. Aloe is an effective detoxifier, tonic and antiseptic. It boosts immune system. Aloe Vera is a rich source of vitamins like A, B-complex vitamins, C, E and folic acid. Aloe Vera possess anti tumor activity. Its cooling properties reduce inflammation and its bitter taste makes it capable of rejuvenating endometrial lining. It soothes the layers of skin.
3. Pradrantak Churna
Pradrantak Churna is a blend of herbs, which is offered by Planet Ayurveda. This is made from the herbs, which are known for their effectiveness in enhancing female health. This herbal formulation is modified version of classical ayurvedic formula 'Pushyanug Churna', which is documented in 'Bhaisajyaratnavali' (a classical text of ayurvedic medicine) in the chapter strirogadhikara (diseases related to females). Pradrantak Churna contains Pushyanug Churna and powder of Saraca indica bark. Viatation of Vata dosha leads to most of the gynecological problems according to Ayurveda. Pradrantak Churna pacifies Vata and also effective in balancing Pitta and Kapha. It is beneficial in Dysmenorrhoea, Painful menstruation, Irregular menses, Leucorrhoea, Ovarian cysts and Uterine fibroids.
4. Shatavari Capsules
Shatavari (Asparagus racemosus) literally means '100 times' in Sanskrit. Shatavari increase fertility and vitality of females due to its madhur (sweet) rasa and madhur (sweet) Vipaka, pacifies vata and pitta doshas. It is used widely in Ayurveda for its rejuvenating property. 'Shatavari Capsules' by Planet Ayurveda are prepared from standardized extract of best quality Shatavari. It regulates hormonal imbalance in females. Its phytoestrogen enables it to regularize hormones and reduces risk of endometriosis. In menopause and endometriosis hormonal therapy is in trend these days. Capsule Shatavari is an effective natural herbal alternate to artificial hormones. Shatavari enables a female to maintain her fertility.
Planet Ayurveda offers combination of Boswellia and Curcumin in capsule form, which is an effective herbal remedy to care any inflammation. It reduces inflammation and relives pain. The effects seen are long lasting and permanent in any inflammation. Curcumin and Boswellia combination increases bioavailability.
To buy Endometriosis Care Pack, please visit store.planetayurveda.com/products/endometriosis-care-pack.
FAQs on Endometriosis
1. Is Endometriosis Infectious or A Form of Cancer?
Yes, endometriosis is an infectious disease that is mainly caused due to infection in the uterus. The infection can be due to vaginal bacteria, chlamydia, gonorrhea and tuberculosis. Women's who have been facing the problem of endometriosis are at high risk of developing ovarian cancer.
2. Can Endometriosis be Prevented?
Yes, it can be prevented by opting healthy diet, by lowering the level of estrogen hormone in the body, and by avoiding bad habits like excessive alcohol consumption because alcohol increase the level of estrogen in the body. You should also avoid the caffeinated drinks that can also raise the level of estrogen.
3. Is It True That Endometriosis Affects White Women in Their 30s Who Have Delayed Childbearing?
Yes, endometriosis affects white women in their 30s who have delayed childbearing because the condition may worsen with time and it may lead to serious complications.
4. Is the Estrogen in Soy Products Good or Bad for Endometriosis?
Yes, soy products is bad for endometriosis because the soya products contains phytoestrogen (isoflavones), that behave like estrogen in the body and may increase the complications associated with endometriosis.
5. What are Dioxins? Are they Making Endometriosis Worse?
Dioxins are persistent environmental pollutants (POPs) that are found throughout the world in the environment and accumulate in the food chain, especially in the tissue of animals.
Yes, they can make endometriosis worse by affecting the immune and reproductive system of the body and increases the severity of endometriosis.
6. How do I Cope with Endometriosis Pain?
- Avoid overcooked, fried and baked vegetables
- Reduce stress
- Avoid red meat
- Avoid excessive alcohol consumption and other artificial drinks
- Its better you can opt for anti-inflammatory foods, take ginger tea, turmeric etc.
- Put hot water bottle on the lower part of the abdomen
7. Can I get Pregnant if I Have Endometriosis?
Yes, you can get pregnant if you have been facing the problem of endometriosis, almost 50-60% women are fertile with endometriosis but it's totally depends upon the severity of disease.
8. My Doctor Told Me Pregnancy Will Cure My Endometriosis, Should I Try to Get Pregnant?
It depends upon a lot of things because endometriosis is a chronic condition and during pregnancy the released hormones suppresses the menstrual cycle that can alleviate the symptoms and also reduce the level of estrogen in the body that is main reason behind endometriosis and these symptoms returns back after child birth.
9. I Don't Want to Take Drugs/Have Surgery. What Else Can I Do?
Instead of drugs and surgery its better you should opt for Ayurvedic treatment because it works on fixing the root cause of the disease and these Ayurvedic preparations are prepared from natural and effective herbs so they have no side effects also.
10. Can Endometriosis be Cured?
Yes, endometriosis can be cured by Ayurvedic treatment that includes medicines such as shatavari capsules, aloe capsules, and female health support these formulations or medicines are prepared by effective herbs and these herbs are very effective in fixing the root cause of the disease.
11. What can Happen if Endometriosis is left Untreated?
If endometriosis is left untreated it may result in a range of symptoms such as dysmenorrhea, sub-fertility or infertility and in more severe cases it may leads to ovarian cancer.
12. Is Endometriosis Dangerous?
Yes, if it left untreated for long time and it can also depends upon the severity. It may lead to long-term serious problems such as scar tissue, chronic pain and may also cause infertility. Along with these symptoms it may leads to ovarian cancer.
13. How do you Diagnose Endometriosis?
- Pelvic examination
- USG (Ultrasound)
- MRI (magnetic resonance imaging)
14. Is Endometriosis Life Threatening?
Yes, endometriosis is life-threatening because the endometrial tissues may possess the ability to grow, infiltrate and spread with life-threatening consequences.
15. Is Surgery Necessary for Endometriosis?
No, it's not necessary, there are many ayurvedic medicines that helps to overcome the symptoms of endometriosis. But surgery may be an option for those who are at high risk of developing cancer in ovaries and the treatment is not effective.
16. How long Does Endometriosis take to Heal?
It may takes minimum 6 to 8 months to heal but instead of this it can also depends upon the present condition of patient.
17. Does Endometriosis ever Heal? / Can Endometriosis Heal Itself?
Yes, in about one-third of the women with mild endometriosis symptoms after pregnancy may be resolved on their own.
18. What is the Best Treatment for Endometriosis?
The best treatment for endometriosis is Endometriosis care pack. It contains:
I. Female Health Support
This product contains standardized extracts of natural herbs such as Lodhra, Shatavari and Ashoka. Vitiated Vata and pitta is the main cause of gynecological disorders such as irregular and painful menstruation, hot flushes, mental irritation. These herbs give effective results in endometriosis.
II. Aloe Vitals
Aloe Vera is a rich source of Vitamin A, B-complex, C, E, and folic acid. It contains several constituents such as cinnamic acid, salicylic acid, lupeol, and these constituents enable the Aloe Vera to fight against micro-organisms.
Aloe Vera possesses antioxidant property that helps to clear the toxins and enhances the functions of the liver, and kidneys. These capsules normalize the pH level and boost the immune system. It also reduces the inflammation and also acts as an antiseptic.
III. Pradrantak Churna
This churna contains natural extracts of Saraca indica (Ashoka) bark. It is a version of classical Ayurvedic formula which is documented in 'Bhaisajyaratnavali' (a textbook of ayurvedic medicine).
This churna enhances the female health and balances the vitiated doshas. It is also helpful in treating painful and irregular menstruation, uterine fibroids, leucorrhea, and ovarian cysts.
IV. Shatavari Capsules
This product contains a standardized extract of Shatavari (Asparagus racemosus).
- These capsules regulate the hormonal imbalance and reduce the risk of endometriosis.
- It enables the females to maintain her infertility.
- It also pacifies the vata and pitta doshas.
It is a combination of Boswellia and curcumin in capsule form.
- This combination increases the bioavailability.
- It also reduces inflammation and pain.
19. What are the Home Remedies for Endometriosis? / How Do You Take Care of Endometriosis? / How Can I Treat Endometriosis at Home?
- Consume turmeric tea daily.
- Apply castor oil on the lower abdomen and cover it with a hot water bag.
- Mix clay with water and apply this on the abdomen and cover it with a warm towel for few minutes.
- Massage on the pelvic and abdominal region
- Intake of supplements rich in omega-3 fatty acids
- Alternative cold and hot sitz bath
- Eliminate the consumption of dairy products
- Regular exercise and meditation is helpful
20. Is Endometriosis Painful?
It depends upon the location and growth of endometriosis. It may cause pain in the pelvic and lower back region. But in some females, it may have mild or no symptoms.
21. Is Endometriosis Common?
Yes, endometriosis is common among women of age group 30 to 40, but it can also develop at any stage of life.
22. Is Endometriosis Completely Curable? / Can Endometriosis Be Cured by Medicine?
Yes, it is completely curable. It is curable by Ayurvedic medication and has no side effects.
23. Can Endometriosis Recur? / Can Endometriosis Come Back?
Yes, endometriosis recurs within five to six years following conservative surgery.
24. What Foods Irritate Endometriosis? / Which Foods Are Bad for Endometriosis?
- Red meat and dark meat poultry
- Consumption of alcohol and caffeine-containing products like tea and coffee
- White rice
- Brown bread
- Fries, bakes and overcooked vegetables
25. What to Eat to Reduce Endometriosis? / What Should One Eat in Endometriosis? / Which Foods are Good for Endometriosis?
- Eat a proper balanced diet.
- Food rich in omega-3 fatty acids
- Avoid overcooked, baked and fried vegetables
- Consume dandelion and ginger tea daily
- Drink coconut water and Aloe Vera juice
- Green leafy vegetables
- Fruits like apple, banana, pear, cherries etc.
26. Can Exercise Reduce Endometriosis?
Yes, exercise can reduce the size of endometriosis because it lowers the estrogen level in the body.
27. Is Ginger Good for Endometriosis?
Yes, ginger is good for endometriosis because it reduces the pain and inflammation associated with endometriosis. You can take ginger tea two time in a day.
28. Is Turmeric Good for Endometriosis?
Yes, turmeric is good for endometriosis because it also reduces the inflammation associated with endometriosis due to its anti-inflammatory property.
29. Does Endometriosis Cause Bleeding?
No, endometriosis does not itself cause the uterus to bleed and malfunction. There may be an indirect effect and may be another reason for it.