Modern lifestyle has thousands of advantages and makes life very easier and comfortable. New inventions in every field makes life very easy and physical activities are none. Intake of fast food and lack of physical activities leads to physical, mental and hormonal problems. 60-70% people are more prone to hormonal disorders. Amenorrhea, hyperthyroidism, hypothyroidism, polycystic ovarian syndrome are some common example of hormonal imbalance.
Every normal female menstruate every 23 to 35 day and when a childbearing women fails to menstruates this condition is called amenorrhea. Hypothalamus part of brain regulates menstrual cycle. Hypothalamus stimulates the pituitary gland and pituitary gland secretes luteinizing hormones and follicle stimulating hormones. Both hormones regulate female reproductive system. FSH and LH have great hold on estrogen and progesterone and control the cyclic changes in uterus lining. All this leads to menstrual cycle.
A women is menstruating normally it means her anatomy of cervix and vagina has normal anatomy and her hormones secreting glands are properly functioning.
Ayurvedic Aspect of Amenorrhea
In ayurveda amenorrhea is named as Anartava. The sanskrit meaning of amenorrhea in charak samhita is NASHA-RAKTA, with nasha means loss or missing and rakta meaning blood. According to Charak women is suffering from diseases due to aggravated vayu. Aggravated vayu is responsible for the vishamta of doshas. Amenorrhea is a disease due to vata but other doshas can also cause it. Both vata and pitta can play a role in amenorrhea but the most common factor responsible for disease is vata.
Dry skin, weight loss, dry hairs, constipation and anxiety are the most common symptoms of amenorrhea. Vata accumulated in the body and relocated in purishvaha srota. After this overflows to rasa and rakta vaha srota and it relocates deeply into rasa dhatu and then it moves medas and shukar dhatu. Dryness of body and absence of menstruation cycle is due to the relocation of rasa dhatu. Weight loss of the body is a result of relocation of medas dhatu. Shukra dhatu inhibits the ovulation process in human body .Diverted mind due to vata results in anxiety. Constipation is caused by the relocation of apana vayu in purishvaha srota.
Types of Amenorrhea
Amenorrhea is classified into two types:-
1. Primary amenorrhea
Normally women menstruates first at the age of 15 and 16 and women fails to menstruate at this age this condition is called primary amenorrhea. Primary amenorrhea is most often due to late puberty.
2. Secondary amenorrhea
Women experience menstruation periods, but stop menstruating for two and three months.
Following reasons cause secondary amenorrhea:-
- Emotional Stress
- Mental Stress
- Weight Loss
- Excessive Exercise
- Birth Control Measures (Birth Control Pills)
- Ovarian Tumors
- Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome
- Menopause before Age Of 40
- Tumors of Pituitary Gland
- Drug Induced (Chemotherapy)
- Overactive Thyroid Gland
- Brain Tumors
Symptoms of Amenorrhea
Amenorrhea is a symptom in itself and in addition to have no menstruation other symptoms are given below:-
- Vaginal Dryness
- Weight Gain
- Weight Loss
- Breast Size Changes
- Hair Growth in A Male Pattern
- Voice Changes
- Discharge from the Breast
- Excess Body and Facial Hairs
- Altered Sex Drives
- Skin Dryness
- Hypersensitivity to Cold
Herbal Remedies for Amenorrhea by Planet Ayurveda
Planet Ayurveda provides best combination of effective herbal remedies such as Female Health Support, Chanderprabha vati & Punarnava mandoor for ayurvedic treatment of amenorrhea. These herbal remedies are prepared from using best quality herbs and strictly follow the principles of Ayurveda. All these herbal remedies of Planet Ayurveda are 100 percent pure, natural and vegetarian. These are free from chemicals, additives and preservatives. These are safe to use as these are free from side effects.
Female health support is a herbal supplement and used in Planet Ayurveda for infertility, regulation of menstrual cycle and for pains during menstrual cycle. Ashoka(saracaindica),shatavari(asparagus racemosus,lodhra(symplocus racemosa) are used in this remedy. All these combined herbs control the vitiated vatta and pitta in human body and restore their balance. This herbal supplements supports the female reproductive system and give satisfactory results.
Dose - 2 capsules daily with plain water after meals.
Planet ayurveda provides this 100% natural supplements has equal and wonderful result for men and womens. For this remedy a numerous herbs are used. Chanerprabha name is given because of its results. Chander means moon and this vati has calming and effective life moon. Chanderprabha is herbal supplement used to cure urinary tract and genital organ disorders.
Dose - 2 tablets daily with plain water after meal.
Punarnava mandoor is another herbal remedy to cure amenorrhea. This herbal supplement is again a combination of number of herbs (shunthi, marich, pippli, haridra, daru haridra, haritaki, vibhitaki, chitraka, danti etc.). Pnaranava is a rich source of iron as it contains iron oxide as its ingredient. Because of this property of herbal supplement planet ayurveda used it to cure amenorrhea. Punarnava mandoor is a supplement that balance vata pitta and kapha.
Dose - 2 tablets daily with plain water after meals.
Home Remedies for Amenorrhea
- Fenugreek - Fenugreek is a natural herb used as one stop solution for women suffering from menstrual and reproductive disorders. Herb has great result on milk production and menstrual cramps.
- Sweet fennel - Fennel is herb has great stimulating effect on stimulating menstrual periods. It also helps to maintain an optimum fluid balance in body.
- Dill weed - Dill weed is a traditional herb with both medicinal and cooking properties. By the use of this herb a regular menstrual cycle is regulated and it is also enhances the milk production.
- Tomatoes – Tomatoes are very delicious fruits with satisfactory results of amenorrhea. Glass of tomato juice a day enhances the blood cell production.
- Cinnamomum - Cinnamomum is a spice used in Asia and it is also known for its medicinal properties to cure amenorrhea.
- Saffron - Saffron is an anti-oxidant and used to flush out the harmful toxins from the body. A pinch of saffron is boiled in plain water and drinking this water throughout a day clean up body internally.
- Ginger - Ginger is also very effective to cure amenorrhea. Ginger tea will also help to cure this disease.
- Beet root - Beet root juice is best way to cure amenorrhea. We can also use beet root as salad and in form of different dishes.
- Parsley - To cure amenorrhea is not so difficult and to cure amenorrhea parsley also play a very vital role. 3 cups of parsley tea daily helps to regulates menstrual cycles.
- Banana - Banana is known for its ability to ease menstrual cramps and bananas are very rich in potassium.
- Turmeric - Turmeric is used as spice to color the diet and add flavor to Indian curies. It also has medicinal properties helps to heal internal injuries and also a uterine stimulant regulates menstrual flow.
- Aloe vera - Aloevera is an herb that is full of medicinal properties. Aloevera is a great home remedy to cure the amenorrhea. It is also a stimulant for ovulation in females.