Reference: Yogaratnakara Ajirna Chikitsa
Ashwagandhadi Churna is an Ayurvedic medicine in herbal powder form. It is an amazing rejuvenator which aids in escalating vitality. It acts as an amazing health tonic for overall well-being. The word Ashwagandha actually means Horse's vitality, it gives strength like that of a horse. It also helps to treat dizziness, indigestion & abdominal colic. Also, this formulation helps in balancing Doshas.
- Ashwagandha / Winter cherry (Withania somnifera)
- Ginger (Zingiber officinale)
- Pippali / Long pepper (Piper longum)
- Black pepper (Piper nigrum)
- Cinnamon (Cinnamomum zeylanica)
- Cardamom (Elettaria cardamomum)
- Tej patra (Cinnamomum tamala)
- Nagkesar (Mesua ferrea)
- Clove (Syzygium aromaticum)
- Bharangi (Clerodendron serratum)
- Taalispatra (Abies webbiana)
- Kachura (Curcuma zeodaria)
- Small fennel (Nigella sativa)
- Kaidarya (Murraya koenigii)
- Mansi (Nardostachys jatamansi)
- Kankola (Piper cubeba)
- Nut grass root (Cyperus rotundus)
- Rasna (Pluchea lanceolata)
- Kutki (Picrorrhiza kurroa)
- Jivanti (Leptadenia reticulate)
- Kushta (Saussurea lappa)
METHOD OF PREPARATION
Clean all the ingredients and crush them into a fine powder. Add sugar to the powdered ingredients and sift them with the help of a muslin cloth to get an absolutely fine powder.
It is poly herbal powder formulation which is very effective remedy for various disorders like infertility, improving sperm quality, low body weight/fat, weakness, and anemia. It has ability to balance the all three doshas (vata, pitta and kapha) in body. It has anti-inflammatory properties that help to reduce the inflammation. It provides strength to the body and useful in case of weakness. It is also quite good herbal remedy for digestive system. It has analgesic properties that provides relief from abdominal pain and cramps. It is also good for brain and acts as an nervine tonic. It is good for general weakness. It is indicated in dizziness, debility, tiredness, fatigue, stress. Apart from this it has aphrodisiac properties and useful in sexual disorders like loss of semen, watery semen, Premature ejaculation. It helps to improve the quality of semen. It also enhances the immunity and protects the body from various infections. Use of this churna is quite effective to gain weight. It provide nutrition to the all the seven dhatus.
- Enhances digestion
- Generalized weakness
- Sexual vitality
- Immunity booster
- Respiratory ailments
- Strengthens joints
- Helps in gaining weight
3 grams twice daily after meals.
- Self-medication is discouraged.
- Over dosage might cause gastric ailments.
- People suffering from hypertension, cardiac disorders, and obesity should avoid it or take under strict medical supervision. It should also be avoided during pregnancy and lactation and in children.