Usually we are not much concerned about our skin, but skin diseases are enough to make our condition worse. Nothing could be more annoying and disgusting than skin itching. Atopic dermatitis – a skin disease which is characterized by the symptoms like itching, skin redness, dry patches, raised lumps on skin. This disease commonly occur in the children but can also affect the people of all age groups.
From the treatment point of view, there is need to pacify the pitta dosha in order to enhance the body's digestion. It helps in cleansing of body by the elimination of toxins. On the other hand there are various herbs present in Ayurveda which are very effective to pacify the aggravated pitta dosha. Use of herbs like Amla (Emblica officinalis), Haritaki (Terminalia chebula), Bahera (Terminalia bellerica), Vacha (Acorus calamus), Neem (Azadirachta indica), Manjishta (Rubia cordifolia), Katuki (Picrorrhiza kurroa), Giloy (Tinopsora cordifolia), Daruhaldi (Berberis aristata), Manjistha (Rubia cordifolia) and Pitta papda (Fumaria officinalis) is quite useful in the treatment of atopic dermatitis. Hence the Ayurvedic treatment for atopic dermatitis is very useful way to manage this disease.
What is atopic dermatitis?
Atopic dermatitis (eczema) is the skin disease which may due to the bacterial infections, irritants or allergen. It is disease which is characterized by the red and itchy skin. It is mostly occur in the children but may also persist into adolescence and adulthood.
Symptoms of Atopic Dermatitis
Signs and symptoms may vary from person to person and include:-
- Itching, which can be severe, at night especially.
- Red to brownish-gray patches, especially on the neck, upper chest, eyelids, inside the bend of the elbows hands, feet, ankles, wrists, and knees. In the case of infants, these patches form on face and scalp.
- Burning sensation or pain on the skin.
- Skin becomes dry, red, scaly, thickened and rough.
- Fissures in the skin.
- Inflammation of the skin.
- Lumps formed on skin and there is the leakage of fluid.
In Ayurveda, Atopic dermatitis (eczema) is called Vicharchika. In body there are basically three energies – vata, pitta and kapha which are responsible for healthy body. Imbalance of any of these energies result in the health issues. In this disease there is the aggravation of Pitta Dosha which results due to the impairment of digestion. Improper diet and lifestyle are the factors which lead to the impairment of digestive fire. Pitta gets manifested in the skin and leads to the accumulation of toxins (ama). These toxins contaminate the body tissue deeply and results in atopic eczema. The line of treatment works on pacifying Pitta by enhancing the body's digestion, as well as cleansing the body of accumulated toxins.
Herbal Remedies for Atopic Dermatitis
Planet Ayurveda provides best combination of effective herbal remedies such as Atopic Dermatitis Care Pack for ayurvedic treatment of atopic dermatitis. These herbal remedies are prepared from using best quality herbs and strictly follow the principles of Ayurveda. All these herbal remedies of Planet Ayurveda are 100 percent pure, natural and vegetarian. These are free from chemicals, additives and preservatives. These are safe to use as these are free from side effects.
1. Radiant skin hair nails formula
Ayurvedic treatment for Atopic Dermatitis by Planet Ayurveda has the radiant skin hair nails formula. This herbal product is free from any side effects. Herbs used in the formulation of this herbal product are given below.
- Manjistha (Rubia cordifolia) - This herb is packed with blood purification properties and eliminates all the impurities from blood.
- Pitta papda (Fumaria officinalis) – This herb is also known quite well in relieving the symptoms of atopic dermatitis. It helps to provide relief in the itching, redness of skin, burning sensation of skin and inflammation of the skin.
- Chirata (Swetia chiretta) – All the parts of this herb possess the medicinal properties. Use of this herb is quite effective in the skin infections.
- Ghrit kumari (Aloe barbadensis) – This herb is commonly called as Aloe vera and known to be quite good to resolve the skin diseases.
Dosage – One capsules two times in a day with plain water after meals.
2. Gandhak Rasayan
Gandhak rasayan is an effective Ayurvedic treatment for Dermatitis. This Ayurvedic product is completely safe for use and various patients are benefitted with the use of this. It is prepared from purified Sulphur or Shuddh Gandhak (Sanskrit). Gandhak has the blood purification properties and helps in cleansing of body. It removes all the toxins from body. Use of this herbal product is quite effective to ward off the symptoms of atopic dermatitis like itching in skin, redness of skin, burning sensation of skin and inflammation of the skin.
DOSE: 2 tablets twice in a day with plain water after meals.
3. Navkarshik churna
Wonderful combination of herbs used in the formulation of Navkarshik churna is very beneficial for treatment of atopic dermatitis. This herbal product is completely safe for the use. All the herbs are listed below.
- Amla (Emblica officinalis)
- Haritaki (Terminalia chebula)
- Bahera (Terminalia bellerica)
- Vacha (Acorus calamus)
- Neem (Azadirachta indica)
- Manjishta (Rubia cordifolia)
- Katuki (Picrorrhiza kurrao)
- Giloy (Tinopsora cordifolia)
- Daruhaldi (Berberis aristata)
Herbs mentioned above help to pacify the vitiated pitta dosha and improves the digestion which is main cause of atopic dermatitis. More over these herbs are packed with blood purification and removes the toxins from body. Use of this herbal product relieve the symptoms of atopic dermatitis. Hence Navkarshik churna is the safest Ayurvedic treatment for Atopic Dermatitis.
Dosage - One teaspoonful to 1 tablespoonful twice daily.
Preparation of Decoction for Children
You can boil the 1 tablespoonful in 400 ml of water, keep it boiling until it remains 50 ml. Strain it. It can be sweetened with honey or sugar. Take it twice daily. Prepare fresh before every intake.
4. Vetpalai thailam
This is natural herbal product for the treatment of atopic dermatitis. This product is only for external use. Application of this oil helps to ward off the symptoms of atopic dermatitis without causing any side effects on skin.
How to use – Apply it on affected area.
5. Manadarin orange soap
This herbal product contains the various natural ingredients which are quite useful for the treatment of atopic dermatitis.
6. Lippu oil
Use of this oil is quite good to provide relief in the symptoms like dry, itchy skin. rashes, burning sensation in skin which are associated with atopic dermatitis.
How to use - Apply it on affected area.
Where to buy Atopic Dermatitis Care Pack?
To buy Atopic Dermatitis Care Pack, please visit store.planetayurveda.com/atopic-dermatitis-care-pack.html
- Avoid to take spicy or oily food.
- Avoid to wear synthetic fibers instead of it wear loose, cotton clothes.
- Use herbal soap for bathing.
- Avoid coffee, tea, hot spices, canned and preserved foods.
Why Should one go for Planet Ayurveda?
- All the products are 100% pure.
- Efficacy of the herbs is checked in the labs before making any herbal formulation.
- Products are free from chemicals, preservatives, starch and any color.
- All the products are manufactured under the guidance of highly experienced MD Ayurveda doctors.