Avipattikar Churna - Avipattikar Churna Uses, Benefits and Ingredients
Reference - Rasatantra Sara (first part); edition 13; 667-668.
Avipattikar Churna is an herbal formulation that consists of various herbs mixture. This is known for its carminative and purgative properties. As the name suggests "Avipatti" mean to get rid from troubles. This is traditionally used to remove excess pitta dosha from the body.
Avipattikar Churna Ingredients
- Baheda (Terminalia bellirica)
- Dry ginger powder (Zingiber officinale)
- Black pepper (Piper nigrum)
- Peepal (Ficus religiosa)
- Haritaki (Terminalia chebula)
- Amla (Emblica officinalis)
- Nagarmotha (Cyperus rotundus)
- Vidanga (Embelia ribes)
- Tejpatta (Laurus nobilis)
- Clove (Syzygium aromaticum)
- Green cardamom (Elettaria cardamomum)
- Nisoth (Operculina turpethum)
- Mishri (Sugar cubes)
Method of Preparation Avipattikar Churna
- Take herbs Dry ginger powder (Zingiber officinale), Peepal (Ficus religiosa), Haritaki (Terminalia chebula), Amla (Emblica officinalis), Nagarmotha (Cyperus rotundus), Green cardamom (Elettaria cardamomum), Tejpatta (Laurus nobilis), Baheda (Terminalia bellirica), Black pepper (Piper nigrum) & Vidanga (Embelia ribes) up to 12 grams.
- Take another herbs also, Clove (Syzygium aromaticum) up to 120 grams, mishri 160 grams and Nisoth (Operculina turpethum) 140 grams.
- Now mix all the herbs and crush to make its churna form.
Medicinal Properties of Avipattikar Churna
It is an Ayurvedic classical herbal powder used for various problems like hyperacidity, gastritis, burning feeling due to excess acid, loss of appetite and indigestion linked with gastritis, piles, urinary problems, difficulty in micturition and kidney stones. The herbs show anti-inflammatory, antacid, carminative, antilithiatic, antioxidant, appetizer, carminative, digestive stimulant and diuretic properties. This churna expels out the acid from the stomach to the intestine, which helps to reduce the inflammation and rejuvenate mucus lined barrier. It neutralizes the acid secretion in the stomach. Avipattikar Churna helps to improve overall digestion and improve loss of appetite. This is considered as very good remedy for gastritis, gastro esophageal reflux disease (GERD) and helps to get relief from symptoms like severe heartburn, burning in the throat, dysphagia, chest pain, hoarseness, sour taste, etc. Use of this churna helps to improve kidneys functions, beneficial in kidney stones, nephritis & nephrotic syndrome. It provides effective result in constipation, painful & difficult urination.
Avipattikar Churna Indications
- Chronic gastritis
- Kidney stones
- Nephrotic syndrome
- Urinary problems
Take 4 to 6 grams with plain water, twice daily before meals.
- Acute gastritis and inflammation
- Abdominal pain
- Abdominal cramps
- Epigastric tenderness