Balaguluchyadi Thailam (Oil)
Reference: Sahasrayogam – Tailayoga Prakarana – 14
Balaguluchyadi Thailam is an Ayurvedic oil for the external application. In body it balances the vata and pitta doshas. It is used in Ayurvedic treatment of gout and arthritis.
256 g of coarse powder of each of:-
- Bala – Sida cordifolia
- Guduchi – Tinospora cordifolia
- Surapadapa – Cedrus deodara
- Water for decoction – 12.288 liters, boiled and reduced to 3.072 liters
Paste prepared from fine powders of 16 g of each of:-
- Jatamansi – Nardostachys jatamansi
- Amaya – Saussurea lappa
- Chandana – Red Sandalwood – Pterocarpus santalinus
- Kunduru – Boswellia serrata
- Nata – Valeriana wallichi
- Ashwagandha – Withania somnifera
- Sarala – Pinus roxburghi
- Rasna - Pluchea lanceolata
- Taila – Oil of Sesamum indicum – 768 ml
Method of Preparation
All ingredients are added to til oil and oil is cooked with the oil paak method.
How to Use?
It is used for external application.
- There are no recorded side effects of this medicine for external application.
- Keep out of sight and reach of children.