Reference: Bhaishajya Ratnavali
Chandrodaya Vati is an herbal medicine which aids in treating pterygium, abnormal growth over the eyes, cataract. This medication should be used under medical supervision. It helps in balancing Kapha and Vata.
- Haritaki (Terminalia chebula)
- Vacha (Acorus calamus)
- Pippali (Piper longum)
- Black pepper (Piper nigrum)
- Kushta (Saussurea lappa)
- Bibhitaki (Terminalia bellirica)
- Manashila (Realgar)
- Goat milk
Method of Preparation
Crush all the ingredients and triturate with goat milk and form paste like consistency.
Dosage / Usage
This formulation can be applied as a paste on the inner side of the eye lids. It shouldn't be used for more than 1 to 2 months.
- Nyctalopia (Caused by deficiency of Vitamin A, it may not enable the person to see in dim light or at night)
- Itching in the eyes
- Abnormal growth over the eyes
- Initial stage of cataract
- Granular eyelid disorder
- Over dosage is discouraged.
- It might cause irritation in the eyes if it is consumed without being prescribed by the doctor and in this case rinse your eyes with water thoroughly and consult your doctor.