Herbal Remedies for Chest Pain
About Chest Pain
Chest pain is any sort of pain felt in your upper body, from your jaw down to the bottom of your ribs. It is the sensation of chest pain, pressure, squeezing occurring due to ischemia of heart muscles from spasm of coronary arteries. Chest pain can occur due to many different problems. Crushing and burning sensations are witnessed during chest pain.
Causes of Chest Pain
Following are the causes of chest pain:-
- Heart Related Causes: This can include Heart attack, angina (chest pain due to poor blood flow), aortic dissection, pericarditis (inflammation of sac surrounding the heart). Chest pain can also be due to a sudden blockage of a coronary (heart) artery.
- Digestive causes: This type of chest pain can occur due to various digestive system related problems such as Heartburn, Swallowing disorders and Gallbladder or pancreas problem.
- Muscle and bone causes: These are mostly injury related causes and arises due to Sore muscles, Costochondritis and Injured ribs.
- Lung related causes: This may include Collapsed lung, Pleurisy, Pulmonary embolism and pulmonary hypertension.
- Other causes: Panic attack and Shingles (caused due to chicken pox virus reactivation).
These are some of the major causes that leads to chest pain.
Symptoms of Chest Pain
There are two different categories of symptoms:-
SYMPTOMS THAT ARISE OUT OF HEART RELATED CHEST PAIN
SYMPTOMS THAT ARISE OUT OF OTHER CHEST PAIN
Pressure fullness or burning or tightness in the chest
Frequent summing and going of pain
Tenderness when you push the chest
Nausea or vomiting
Intense pain while breathing or coughing
Sour taste of food
Dizziness or weakness
Continuous pain for many hours
Diagnosis of Chest Pain
The initial way to diagnose chest pain is to go through physical examination and conducting patient history.
In case of severe symptoms, following techniques are adopted:-
- Angiogram - This is done for detection of any blockages in the arteries.
- MRI - This is done to examine any kind of damage to heart or aorta.
- Stress test - To measure the functioning if the heart after doing some kind of work out
- Chest X-ray - This is done to check complete interrelated system that is heart lungs and blood vessels.
- Blood tests - This test is done to measure certain types of enzyme levels.
- Electrocardiogram - In this particular method, electrical activity of heart is measured.
So these are some of the diagnosis methods that is used to check if there is any kind of problem that is severe.
Herbel Remedies for Chest Pain by Planet Ayurveda
Planet Ayurveda provides wonderful herbal remedies like Curcumin capsules, Pitta Balance, Praanrakshak churna, Fenugreek Capsules and Mahashankh Vati for ayurvedic and natural treatment of chest pain. These herbal remedies are prepared from using best quality herbs and strictly follow the principles of Ayurveda. All these herbal remedies of Planet Ayurveda are 100 percent pure, natural and vegetarian. These are free from chemicals, additives and preservatives. These are safe to use as these are free from side effects.
1. Curcumin Capsules
Curcumin capsules is considered as a natural anti-septic. Curcumin helps to treat digestion related problems. This herbal remedy is formulated using natural and pure extracts of curcumin. This herb stimulates the production of bile and helps in clearing of the gall bladder. As we know that one of the main cause of chest pain is, digestive system related problems, so this particular herbal remedy is formulated to eliminate all the causes that are related to improper functioning of digestive system related problem.
Dose: 2 capsules two times daily with plain water after meals and incase of inflammation, 2-4 capsules.
2. Pitta Balance
This is an herbal remedy that is formulated to balance the pita dosha. This controls the burning sensation and inflammation, which is also an another cause of chest pain. This herbal remedy also helps to control the emotions such as anger, aggression and negative emotions. This herbal remedy is rich in natural calcium's that helps in repairing of injured bones. This is one of the major causes of chest pain. This herbal remedy is formulated with a blend of many herbs such as praval pishti, akik pishti, jahar mohra pishti, kamdudha ras, mukta pishti, giloy satva. These are some of the major herbs used in the formulation that have many properties, that reduce burning sensation in the heart and helps to get relief from the pain.
Dose: 1 capsule once or twice daily with plain water after meals.
3. Praanrakshak Churna
This churna is blend of many herbs that are considered helpful in curing the problem of chest pain. This churna improves the body metabolism and improves the blood flow. So this is very essential remedy for curing chest pain.
Dose: 1-2 teaspoon three times a day with plain water daily after meals.
4. Fenugreek Capsules
Fenugreek herbs has natural properties that provide benefits to muscles and joints. This amazing herb is rich in thiamin, folic acid, niacin, vitamins - A and minerals such as copper, calcium, zinc, potassium, magnesium, manganese. This herbal remedy also helps in the digestion process. Sometimes we take a heavy diet, the food which is not easy to digest so, this herb helps in easy digestion of the food. This herbal remedy provides balance in all the three doshas that are very essential for the proper functioning of the body.
Dose: 1-2 capsules two times daily after half an hour of meal intake with plain water.
5. Mahashankh Vati
It is a herbal remedy that is formulated using natural herbs and herb extracts.
Let's discuss about the herbs that are used in the formulation of this particular herbal remedy. Pippali, Danti, Chitkara, Shudh parad, Shudh tankan, Sarjakshar and Yavkshar. These are the herbs that are used in the formulation of these particular herbal remedies. These herbs help in the proper flow of blood to arteries and veins. Thus, this helps to reduce the chest pain as with the easy blood flow, there is ample amount of oxygen that is supplied to the heart and there is no chest pain.
Dose: Two tablets one two times a day before or after meals.
Dr. Meenakshi Chauhan
MD (ALT. MEDICINE) View Profile