Ayurvedic Treatment of Childhood Arthritis
About Childhood Arthritis
Childhood Arthritis is known by another name Juvenile Arthritis, is a pediatric rheumatic disease, affecting individuals below the age of 16 years. Chronic and autoimmune disease. It causes pain, swelling, stiffness, and loss of motion. That means the immune system, which normally protects the body from foreign substances, attacks the body instead. The disease is idiopathic, which defines that no exact cause is known. Researchers believe juvenile arthritis may be triggered due to genetics, certain infections, and environmental factors.
Symptoms of Childhood Arthritis
- The most common symptoms of childhood Arthritis is pain, warmth, stiffness, and swelling of joint. Stiffness and swelling are likely to be more severe in the morning.
- Limping is another symptom that might indicate a particularly severe case of Childhood Arthritis Joint deformity: The joints may grow in an abnormal, asymmetrical way, causing deformities of bone.
- Skin rash on a child's arms and legs
- Fever, comes and go
- Reduced appetite
- Weight loss
Other symptoms depend upon the types of juvenile Arthritis:
- Systemic onset arthritis: Affects the whole body. Symptoms include high fever that often increase in the evenings and then may suddenly drop to normal. The spleen and lymph nodes might become enlarged. Many of the body's joints are affected by pain, swelling, and stiffness.
- Oligo-articular arthritis: Affects four or less than four joints, often the knee or ankle. Symptoms are pain, stiffness, or swelling in the joints. Severe condition causes inflammation of eyes. It starts between the ages of two and four years.
- Polyarticular arthritis: affects five or more joints and occurs between the age of 1 and 12 years.
- Enthesitis-related arthritis: is a form that often involves attachments of ligaments as well as the spine.
- Psoriatic arthritis: Strikes some children who have psoriasis (a scaly red rash that can start appearing behind the ears, on the eyelids, elbows, knees, or scalp).
Causes of Childhood Arthritis
It occurs due to malfunctioning of the Immune System, but what causes the malfunctioning is not known, means it's an autoimmune disease. It is considered that immune system get provoked due to combination of environmental changes or mutation in certain genes.
Ayurveda, describes this disease occurs due to production of excessive Vata Dosha, defined under the Vyadhi Ama vata. Ama vata is a disease caused as a result of production of Ama (toxic accumulation as a result of reduced digestive activity and obstructed expulsion of foreign substances from the body) that results in joint and systemic symptoms together.
- Age: Children from infancy to age of 16, rarely when babies are younger than 6 months old. Children from 2 to 3 years of age are at high risk
- Gender: Girls are at more risk than boys.
- Genetics: Children with a family history of the disease.
Complications of Childhood Arthritis
Juvenile arthritis differs from adult arthritis in a way that it causes harm to a child's still-growing bones and tissues. Though most of the children with the disease will do well in the long run, but inflammation of arthritis can have serious consequences for a child's growing body including:
- Overall growth is stunted.
- Bones may grow too short or too long.
- Problems in jaw (that may lead to dental problems, because it can be hard to brush and floss properly).
- Wearing away or destruction of joints.
- Inflammation of membranes surrounding the heart or lungs.
- Loss of vision as a result of chronic eye inflammation (uveitis)
- Risk of osteoarthritis and osteoporosis increases in adulthood
- Sudden hyperactivity of the immune system called macrophage-activation syndrome (but is extremely rare, potentially life-threatening problem that occurs only in systemic JIA)
Herbal Remedies for Childhood Arthritis by Planet Ayurveda
Planet Ayurveda provides best combination of effective herbal remedies such as RA Care Pack for ayurvedic treatment of childhood arthritis. These herbal remedies are prepared from using best quality herbs and strictly follow the principles of Ayurveda. All these herbal remedies of Planet Ayurveda are 100 percent pure, natural and vegetarian. These are free from chemicals, additives and preservatives. These are safe to use as these are free from side effects.
- Ashwagandha Capsules - 2 capsules, twice daily.
- Boswellia Curcumin - 2 capsules, twice daily.
- Aamvatantak Churna - 1 teaspoonful, twice daily.
- RumoGin 5 Capsules - 1 capsule, twice daily.
- Joint Aid Plus - 2 capsules, twice daily.
1. Ashwagandha Capsules
Ashwagandha capsules are useful in debilitating conditions, fatigue, stress, anxiety, palpitation, ageing, nervous breakdown and neuropathy due to diabetes, chronic fatigue syndrome, loss of weight due to cancer or diabetes or any other reason.
Ashwagandha capsules are made from the pure extract of Ashwagandha. These capsules are very effective against Juvenile Rheumatoid Arthritis. Ashwagandha is useful herb with marvelous medicinal properties since ancient times. Ashwagandha constitutes vata shamak properties supportive in relief of joint pains. Provides effective results in anemia.
2. Boswellia Curcumin
Boswellia curcumin marvelous product of planet Ayurveda for the management of Juvenile Arthritis where it decreases the inflammation and enhances the circulation to the joints of the patient. This herbal formulation is a combination of two ingredients. Curcumin and Boswellia that support the health of joints and provides comprehensive immune support.
- Haridra (Curcuma Longa) : Haridra having important compound curcumin rich in anti-inflammatory properties which helps to manage Juvenile Arthritis.
- Shallaki (Boswellia Serrata) : Shallaki consists of boswellic acid which is major constituent in the gum resin with anti-inflammatory and anti-arthritic action in acute and chronic state of inflammation which makes it effective for Juvenile Arthritis.
3. Aamvatantak Churna
Aamvatantak churna is an herbal formulation containing natural herbs with ant-inflammatory properties, effective for rheumatoid arthritis and joint pains. It supports in controlling the Ama (Toxin) which is the main cause of joint pain.
- Ashwagandha-Winter Cherry (Withania Somnifera): It is good anti-inflammatory and relieves the joint pains naturally. This herb is useful in severe cases of crippling rheumatoid arthritis, especially in case of deformity in the joint structure due to erosions. Prevents the calcium depletion from the joints, reduces the pain and supports in building the body strength. Useful against anemia in Rheumatoid arthritis. Making it an effective herb among many other for Rheumatoid arthritis, swollen joints and inflammatory conditions of joints. Ashwagandha is there- fore very useful herbal remedy for Rheumatoid arthritis.
- Methi-Fenugreek (Trigonella foenum graecum) : Ayurveda says "Ama" & "Vata" are responsible for problems in the joints and severe joint pains. Fenugreek is effective herb for Rheumatoid arthritis. Fenugreek has multiple uses as it not only causes remission in inflammatory and painful joint conditions but also a useful method to control pain due to 'Vata'.
- Suranjan (Colchicum Automnale) : A useful herb in Rheumatoid Arthritis as well as controls the disturbed uric acid metabolism which can results in painful and swollen joints. It reduces the pain and inflammation in the joints naturally.
- Gorakhmundi (Rice Field Weed) : It is useful in cleansing the system and reducing symptoms of Rheumatoid arthritis.
- Haridra (Curcuma longa) : Having anti-inflammatory, analgesic, antioxidant and Immunity booster properties effectively supports in reducing pain, tenderness, inflammation of the joints and provides relief. It helpful in nourishing and providing strength to the joints as well as body.
- Sonth (Zingiber officinale) : Usually called 'Dry Ginger' is a detoxifying herb, very useful in removing 'Ama'. Effectively an anti-inflammatory and a potent pain killer herb. Naturally lessen the joint pains and swelling. One of the important herb in Ayurveda for Juvenile arthritis.
4. RumoGin 5 Capsules
Rumogin capsules are an herbal formulation made from a combination of Curcumin, Saunth, Shallaki, Maricha and Pippali. This formulation aids in maintaining healthy joints and a healthy skeletal system.
5. Joint Aid Plus
Joint aid plus is a blend of various herbs that supports the maintenance of joint flexibility and lubrication as well a great source of dietary nutrition for the bones and joints in the body. Nirgundi (Vitex negundo), Shallaki (Boswellia serrata), Guggul (Commiphora mukul), Sonth (Zingiber officinale) and Ashwagandha.
- Nirgundi (Vitex Negundo) : Ayurveda described it as a natural anti-arthritic herb. Effectively controls pain and inflammation especially in arthritis, painful joints and sciatica patients.
- Shallaki (Boswellia Serrata) : Boswellia serrata is useful natural anti-inflammatory herb. It is commonly called by the name 'Salai Guggul' in India. The resin is used for pain and inflammation.
- Guggul (Commiphora Mukul) : Commiphora mukul is a rich anti-inflammatory agent as well analgesic. Guggul is also used in weight loss formulae and is effective in reducing weight, thus it is useful for osteoarthritis as well as cervical Spondylitis.
To buy RA Care Pack, please visit store.planetayurveda.com/rheumatoid-arthritis-care-pack.html.