It feels embarrassing when oily, white flakes of dead skin are spotted on your hair and shoulders. Yes we are talking about the dandruff which means scaly and itchy scalp. This problem is common in the people of all age groups (children, adults, mid aged and old people).
WHAT IS DANDRUFF?
Mostly dandruff problem gets worsen in winters. Even, small babies are not escaped from this problem, there is a type of dandruff called as cradle cap occurs in the babies which results in a crusty scalp. Moreover cradle cap is not a serious problem and resolves its own with time when baby is 3 years old.
Dandruff is a common scalp problem which is due to flaking of skin on scalp. But this is not a serious problem and can be controlled easily. Dandruff is mainly due to malassezia which is fat eating fungus. Minor cases of dandruff can be resolved by daily shampooing. But in persistent cases medicated shampoos and doctor's advice are mandatory.
WHEN TO VISIT A DOCTOR?
Most of the time dandruff does not require doctor's care. But even after the use of antidandruff shampoos for several weeks and you still feel like scratching your head. Moreover your scalp is red or swollen then visit your physician. You may have the seborrheic dermatitis which is another condition, similar to dandruff.
WHAT CAN BE THE CAUSES OF DANDRUFF?
- Dry skin – Dry skin is the most common cause of dandruff.
- Seborrheic dermatitis – This condition results in the red and oily scalp which is covered with yellowish and white scales. Seborrheic dermatitis may also affect other areas which are rich in oil glands like eyebrows, back of ears and sides of nose.
- Dandruff can be developed if you are not shampooing your hair regularly.
- Other skin conditions are also responsible for this problem like psoriasis (dry, rough and dead skin cells develops the thick scales) and eczema (inflammatory skin condition).
- Yeast like fungus named as malassezia which lives on scalp of most people but sometimes it can irritate the scalp due to that more skin cells are formed. The extra skin cells dies and appear as the white flakes on clothes.
- Sometimes sensitivities to the certain hair products especially paraphenylenediamine, may results in the red, scaly and itchy scalp. Moreover sometimes hairstyling products are also responsible to develop the dandruff problem.
In Ayurveda, dandruff problems are placed in the category of kshudra roga which is due to imbalance of all three energies –vata, pitta and kapha. Vata dosha, which is dry in nature and pitta dosha which symbolizes heat or fire in body. Aggravated vata and pitta dosha causes production of impurities, named as the ama. These impurities get accumulated in scalp's deep tissues, causes the dandruff which results in itchy and scaly scalp.
HERBAL REMEDIES FOR DANDRUFF BY PLANET AYURVEDA
Planet Ayurveda provides effective herbal remedies such as Gandhak Rasayan, Neem Capsules, Amalaki Rasayan, Go-Richh Hair Oil, Apple Hair Cleanser & Natural Hair Conditioner for ayurvedic treatment of dandruff. These herbal remedies are prepared from using best quality herbs and strictly follow the principles of Ayurveda. All these herbal remedies of Planet Ayurveda are 100 percent pure, natural and vegetarian. These are free from chemicals, additives and preservatives. These are safe to use as these are free from side effects.
Gandhak rasayan is prepared from shudh gandhak which is purified sulphur. Sulphur is packed with skin hydrating and antimicrobial properties. It helps to remove the dead surface of skin thus quite effective to resolve dandruff problems.
Dosage – Two tablets two times in a day.
Neem capsules are the wonderful product of Planet Ayurveda and quite effective for the treatment of dandruff problem. This herbal product is prepared from the pure extract of Neem (Azadirachta indica).
This herbal remedy for dandruff is quite beneficial and gives the satisfactory results in sufferers.
Benefits of ingredient:-
- Neem has great medicinal importance and offers the various health benefits.
- This herb is considered as a blood purifier. Moreover it has the skin disinfectant and antimicrobial properties.
Dosage - One capsule two times in a day.
Amalaki rasayan is prepared from the pure extracts of Indian gooseberry (Emblica officinalis) after a specific process. It is quite effective to resolve the skin problem thus quite effective in the treatment of dandruff.
Dosage - One capsule two times in a day.
4. GO-RICHH OIL
Go-Richh oil is the miraculous product which fight against dandruff and other hair related problems. This herbal product is the combination of various natural ingredients like Butea monosperma (Palash beej), Eclipta alba (Bhringraj), Brahmi (Bacopa monnieri), Triphala (Emblica officinalis), Shikakai (Acacia concinna), Indrayan beej (Citrullus colocynthis), Mulethi (Glycyrrhiza glabra), Henna (Lawsonia inermis), Anantmool madras (Trichosanthes cucumerina), Kutaj beej (Holarrhena antidysenterica) and various others.
How to apply - Take 5-10 ml of hair oil then apply thoroughly all over the scalp and massage gently. Next morning rinse your head.
5. APPLE HAIR CLEANSER
This herbal product helps to nourish the scalp and thus quite effective to resolve the dandruff problem.
Note:- Apple Hair Cleanser is not yet online. To buy Apple Hair Cleanser offline, Kindly mail us at:- firstname.lastname@example.org
6. NATURAL HAIR CONDITIONER
This herbal product also supports the healthy scalp.
Note:- Natural Hair Conditioner is not yet online. To buy Natural Hair Conditioner offline, Kindly mail us at:- email@example.com
Proper eating habits and good life style plays an important role to get rid from various health issues. Here we are giving some suggestions for those who are sufferers of dandruff problem:-
- Wash hair with a herbal shampoo at least 2-3 times in a week.
- Don't forget to massage your head with oil before washing head and hair.
- Always consume the food like fruits, salads, which are rich in fibre and have good nutritional value.
- Must do regular yoga and exercises to reduce the stress levels.
- Don't scratch scalp with hands or other objects.
- Mix one teaspoon lemon juice, one cup yogurt and one tablespoon honey and then apply this mixture on hair for 30 minutes - 1 hour before washing head and hair.
- Chewing the Tulsi leaves and Neem leaves in empty stomach (morning) help to reduce the dandruff problem.