DASAMOOLAKADUTHRAYAM KASHAYAM - USES AND BENEFITS
Dasamoolakaduthrayam is an Ayurvedic classical formulation mainly used for respiratory problems and pains. It is hot in potency and balances Vata and Kapha dosha in the body. It is anti-inflammatory in nature due to which it helps in dilatation of bronchioles thus, eases symptoms like difficulty in breathing and clears the air pathway. It is also helpful in the management of pains as well as stiffness.
- Dashmoola - 10 parts
- Shalparni (Desmodium gangeticum) - 1 part
- Bilva mool tawak (Aegle marmelos) -1 part
- Prishanparni (Uraria picta) - 1 part
- Kantakari (Solanum xanthocarpum) - 1 part
- Brihati (Solanum indicum) - 1 part
- Gokshur (Tribulus terrestris) - 1 part
- Agnimanth (Premna mucronata) - 1 part
- Sonapathamool (Oroxylum indicum) - 1 part
- Patlamool (Stereospermum suaveolens) - 1 part
- Gambharimool (Gmelina arborea) - 1 part
- TRIKATU – 3 parts
- PIPPALI (Piper longum) - 1 part
- MARICH (Piper nigrum) - 1 part
- SHUNTHI (Zingiber officinale) - 1 part
- VASA (Adhatoda vasica) - 1 part
- WATER – 16 times
REFERENCE – SAHASRAYOGAM KASHYAM PARKARAN
BENEFITS OF INGREDIENTS
- Dashmoola - Dahmoola is a combination of roots of ten herbs which are potent anti-inflammatory and analgesic herbs and pacify Vata Dosha in the body. The roots of the following herbs are used -
- Shalparni (Desmodium gangeticum) - Shalparni has multiple health benefits. It is anti-inflammatory, analgesic, carminative and rejuvenative in action. It relieves burning sensation and bloating thus, useful in gastritis, dyspnoea, bronchitis, cough and other diseases related to lungs.
- Prishanparni (Uraria picta) – Prishanparni is sweet and bitter in taste and easy to digest. Being hot in potency, it balances all three doshas in the body. It is absorbent in nature hence useful in the treatment of asthma, back pain, etc.
- Kantakari (Solanum xanthocarpum) - Kantakari is useful in vitiated conditions of vata and kapha dosha. This plant is bitter, hot in potency, anti-inflammatory and analgesic in action. It is useful in treating stomach pain and improves digestion fire. It has expectorant activity hence useful in respiratory system diseases.
- Brihati (Solanum indicum) – Brihati is used in the treatment of respiratory ailments. It is highly useful to treat dry cough and spasmodic cough. It also has diuretic properties and is used to treat various urinary tract ailments.
- Gokshur (Tribulus terrestris) – This herb is majorly used to relieve symptoms of urinary tract infections. It has analgesic action and used in treating stomach pain. It also improves digestion.
- Bilvanmool tawak (Aegle marmelos) – Bilva is known to help various health conditions such as anorexia, indigestion and respiratory problems. Bilva is also known to effective in treating peptic ulcers.
- Agnimanth (Premna mucronata) – This medicinal plant is bitter and light to digest. It is useful in improving low digestive power. This herb balance vata dosha in the body and useful in treating dysuria.
- Sonapathamool(Oroxylum indicum) – This is the best herb used in the treatment of urinary tract infections. It is deepan (improve digestion) and pachan (easily digests the food and other materials) in activity.
- Patlamool(Stereospermum suaveolens) – Patla has multiple beneficial properties which include analgesic, anti-inflammatory and expectorant. Being expectorant in action, it is useful in the treatment of cough, asthma, and other respiratory complications.
- Gambharimool (Gmelina arborea) – This herb balances vata dosha in the body hence most commonly used in chronic respiratory diseases.
- TRIKATU – The fruits of three spices are considered as Triakatu in Ayurveda. Trikatu is highly beneficial in digestive and respiratory ailments.
- PIPPALI (Piper longum) – Due to its penetrating nature, it tremendously used in the treatment of the respiratory system. It has also an ability to improve digestion power.
- MARICH (Piper nigrum) – It enhances the function of the digestive tract and relieves bronchial congestion.
- SHUNTHI (Zingiber officinale) – Shunthi is being hot and piercing in activity, acts as an expectorant and useful in the treatment of cough and asthma.
- VASA (Adhatoda vasica) - It balances kapha dosha in the body and used in the treatment of chronic respiratory infections. The extracts of this herb have expectorant properties hence useful in the treatment of bronchitis and asthma.
METHOD OF PREPARATION
First of all, the coarse powder of all the ingredients is taken and the decoction is prepared with water till it is reduced to one eighth. After completion of this process, it is filtered with a clean cloth. The decoction is known as Dasamoolakaduthrayam. This kashayam is preserved in glass jars for further use. .
Dasamoolakaduthrayam is useful effective in the treatment of dyspnoea, cough, back pain, headache and chest pain.
USES AND BENEFITS OF DASAMOOLAKADUTHRAYAM KASHAYAM
This liquid medicine has antitussive action, it relieves breathlessness, cough, etc. It is beneficial enough to tackle back pain due to its analgesic property.
5 to 15 ml twice daily with 4 times boiled and cooled water.
Arya Vaidya Pharmacy