Dermatitis is condition characterized by inflammation of the skin with an itchy rash on swollen, reddened skin and in some cases blistering may occur, having various causes and occurs in many forms. Rashes can be mild or severe.
Dermatitis is a common condition that's not contagious or dangerous, but it can cause uneasiness and make the patient self-conscious.
Dermatitis can be Acute or Chronic or may be both.
Some Types of Dermatitis
- Atopic dermatitis: causes the skin to itch, scale, swell, and sometimes blister is predominantly there in children; inherited in Families and is often associated with allergies, asthma and stress.
- Contact dermatitis: The skin develops a pink or red rash, which usually itches. Causes may be irritant or allergic conditions commonly it includes chemical irritants like detergents, soaps, some synthetic fibers, nail polish remover, anti-perspirants, and formaldehyde and some plants like chrysanthemums, daffodils and tulips.
- Nummular dermatitis: It represents coin-shaped red plaques, most commonly seen on the legs, hands, arms, and torso. More frequent in men than women and the peak age of onset is between 55 and 65. Living in dry environment or very hot showers results in such condition.
- Seborrhoeic dermatitis: This type consists of greasy, yellowish, or reddish scaling on the scalp and other hairy areas, as well as on the face or genitals, and in skin creases along the nose, under the breasts, and elsewhere. It may be aggravated by stress or due to irritation from toxic substances produced by malassezia yeasts
Causes of Dermatitis
Actual Cause is not known but combination of Environmental and hereditary factors can be the reason.
- Allergic or sensitive skin
- Exposure to an irritant.
General predisposing factors
- Age and familial predisposition.
- Allergy dust mites, pets, pollens, mold, and dandruff.
- Stress and Strain makes the symptoms worse.
- Climate and physiological factors like heat, cold, moisture.
- Food items like dairy products, eggs, nuts and seeds, soy products, wheat.
- Various other causes are like chemicals, plant material, cosmetics, clothing, infectious organisms and certain Drugs.
- During pregnancy or in the menstrual cycle hormonal changes can worsen the symptoms of Dermatitis.
Symptoms of Dermatitis
Common symptoms of Dermatitis are:
- Redness on skin.
- Inflammation of skin.
- Itching in the skin.
- Dry and flaky skin.
- Rough and thickened skin.
- Itchy blisters appears
- Lichenification - a leathery, thicker skin area appearing in response to scratching.
- Tiny fluid filled blisters may be seen under the skin "vesicle.
- When the blisters burst, either by themselves or because of scratching, and the fluid oozes on to the surface of the skin.
- Crusts or scabs formed when the fluid dries.
Depending on the type:
- Intense itching specifies atopic dermatitis.
- Greyish, yellow scales in and around the ears, on the scalp, or near the eyebrows signal seborrheic dermatitis. In infants, this is called Cradle cap.
- A red rash limited to a certain area indicates exposure to an irritant. This may be contact dermatitis.
- Red, itchy, circular patches of crushed skin signifies nummular dermatitis. It is predominant in old people with dry skin, or people living in dry areas.
- In newborns, a thick and yellowish scalp rash is rarely supplemented by diaper rash.
Ayurvedic View for the Cause of Dermatitis
According to Ayurveda Dermatitis results due to incorrect diet and lifestyle, which disturbs the digestion and aggravates Pitta Dosha (Fire). Pitta manifests in the skin and causes the heating, toxins known as Ama get accumulated and then these toxins accumulate in body tissues, infecting them at a deep level and causing Dermatitis.
Herbal Remedies for Dermatitis
Planet Ayurveda provides best combination of effective herbal remedies such as Skin Care Pack for ayurvedic treatment of dermatitis. These herbal remedies are prepared from using best quality herbs and strictly follow the principles of Ayurveda. All these herbal remedies of Planet Ayurveda are 100 percent pure, natural and vegetarian. These are free from chemicals, additives and preservatives. These are safe to use as these are free from side effects.
Usage / Dosage
- Neem Capsules - 1 capsule twice daily, with plain water after meals.
- Radiant Skin Hair Nails Formula - 1 capsule twice daily, with plain water after meals.
- Gandhak Rasayan - 2 tablets twice daily, with plain water after meals.
- Manjishtha Capsules - 1 capsule twice daily, with plain water after meals.
- Nirgundi Oil - As directed by physician.
- Tea Tree-Aloe Vera Premium Handmade Bathing Bar - As directed by physician.
1. Neem Capsules
Standardized extract of Neem (Azadirachta indica) is used to prepare Neem capsules that possess all the medicinal properties of neem. These capsules help to treat any kind of skin ailment like psoriasis, eczema, ringworm and other infectious and non-infectious skin diseases. These capsules are full of medicinal properties just like the herb neem, possesses anti-inflammatory, antibacterial, antimicrobial, antioxidant and detoxifying properties.
2. Radiant Skin Hair Nails Formula
As the name suggests these herbal capsules help to maintain the health of the skin and help to treat ailments like psoriasis, eczema, lichen planus, scabies etc. It helps in maintaining the elasticity, smoothness and firmness of the skin. Strength of hair and nails is also improved by these herbal capsules.
3. Gandhak Rasayan
These herbal tablets help in maintaining the moisturized skin and remove the dead skin cells. Purified sulphur (shuddh gandhak) is used to prepare these herbal tablets. Gandhak rasayan tablets have the property of drawing the moisture from the surrounding atmosphere into the skin, hence preventing dryness. It also helps to treat many skin ailments like acne, leprosy, ringworm, scabies etc.
4. Manjistha Capsules
Rubia cordifolia (Manjistha) is the herb used in standardized form to prepare these herbal capsules. It possesses numerous medicinal properties like they act as a blood purifier, promote early wound healing, treat calcium deficiency, relieve skin ailments, relieve menstrual cramps, detoxify the body, destroy tumors and treat joint pains.
5. Nirgundi Oil
Vitex negundo is the main herb content of this oil that helps in relieving various skin complaints. There are also some other herbs in small proportion in Nirgundi oil to enhance its medicinal quality, like Manjistha, Kalihari and Haridra. It aids in faster wound healing, relieves pain, treats leprosy, inflammation of the skin, lesions on the skin, etc.
6. Tea Tree-Aloe Vera Premium Handmade Bathing Bar
Tea tree oil is the main ingredient of this paraben free bathing soap. Aloe is also present in this herbal soap. Both of the herbs help in maintaining healthy and moisturized skin. It prevents infectious diseases of the skin and also helps to treat them. Regular use of this soap prevents dry skin, moisturizes the skin and clears off the infectious lesions present on the skin.
Where to buy Skin Care Pack?
To buy Skin Care Pack, please visit store.planetayurveda.com/skin-care-pack.html.