Dermatitis is condition characterized by inflammation of the skin with an itchy rash on swollen, reddened skin and in some cases blistering may occur, having various causes and occurs in many forms. Rashes can be mild or severe.
Dermatitis is a common condition that's not contagious or dangerous, but it can cause uneasiness and make the patient self-conscious.
Dermatitis can be Acute or Chronic or may be both.
Some Types of Dermatitis
- Atopic dermatitis: causes the skin to itch, scale, swell, and sometimes blister is predominantly there in children; inherited in Families and is often associated with allergies, asthma and stress.
- Contact dermatitis: The skin develops a pink or red rash, which usually itches. Causes may be irritant or allergic conditions commonly it includes chemical irritants like detergents, soaps, some synthetic fibers, nail polish remover, anti-perspirants, and formaldehyde and some plants like chrysanthemums, daffodils and tulips.
- Nummular dermatitis: It represents coin-shaped red plaques, most commonly seen on the legs, hands, arms, and torso. More frequent in men than women and the peak age of onset is between 55 and 65. Living in dry environment or very hot showers results in such condition.
- Seborrhoeic dermatitis: This type consists of greasy, yellowish, or reddish scaling on the scalp and other hairy areas, as well as on the face or genitals, and in skin creases along the nose, under the breasts, and elsewhere. It may be aggravated by stress or due to irritation from toxic substances produced by malassezia yeasts
Causes of Dermatitis
Actual Cause is not known but combination of Environmental and hereditary factors can be the reason.
- Allergic or sensitive skin
- Exposure to an irritant.
General predisposing factors
- Age and familial predisposition.
- Allergy dust mites, pets, pollens, mold, and dandruff.
- Stress and Strain makes the symptoms worse.
- Climate and physiological factors like heat, cold, moisture.
- Food items like dairy products, eggs, nuts and seeds, soy products, wheat.
- Various other causes are like chemicals, plant material, cosmetics, clothing, infectious organisms and certain Drugs.
- During pregnancy or in the menstrual cycle hormonal changes can worsen the symptoms of Dermatitis.
Symptoms of Dermatitis
Common symptoms of Dermatitis are:
- Redness on skin.
- Inflammation of skin.
- Itching in the skin.
- Dry and flaky skin.
- Rough and thickened skin.
- Itchy blisters appears
- Lichenification - a leathery, thicker skin area appearing in response to scratching.
- Tiny fluid filled blisters may be seen under the skin "vesicle.
- When the blisters burst, either by themselves or because of scratching, and the fluid oozes on to the surface of the skin.
- Crusts or scabs formed when the fluid dries.
Depending on the type:
- Intense itching specifies atopic dermatitis.
- Greyish, yellow scales in and around the ears, on the scalp, or near the eyebrows signal seborrheic dermatitis. In infants, this is called Cradle cap.
- A red rash limited to a certain area indicates exposure to an irritant. This may be contact dermatitis.
- Red, itchy, circular patches of crushed skin signifies nummular dermatitis. It is predominant in old people with dry skin, or people living in dry areas.
- In newborns, a thick and yellowish scalp rash is rarely supplemented by diaper rash.
Ayurvedic View for the Cause of Dermatitis
According to Ayurveda Dermatitis results due to incorrect diet and lifestyle, which disturbs the digestion and aggravates Pitta Dosha (Fire). Pitta manifests in the skin and causes the heating, toxins known as Ama get accumulated and then these toxins accumulate in body tissues, infecting them at a deep level and causing Dermatitis.
Herbal Remedies for Dermatitis
Planet Ayurveda provides best combination of effective herbal remedies such as Skin Care Pack for ayurvedic treatment of dermatitis. These herbal remedies are prepared from using best quality herbs and strictly follow the principles of Ayurveda. All these herbal remedies of Planet Ayurveda are 100 percent pure, natural and vegetarian. These are free from chemicals, additives and preservatives. These are safe to use as these are free from side effects.
Usage / Dosage
- Aloe Vitals - 2 capsules twice daily, with plain water after meals.
- Radiant Skin Hair Nail Formula - 2 capsules twice daily, with plain water after meals.
- Neem Capsules - 2 capsules twice daily, with plain water after meals.
- Kumkumadi oil - Take 3-5ml of the oil and massage over the affected area of the skin. In case of oily skin, kumkumadi oil can be avoided, but other supplements are safe for all skin types.
1. Aloe Vitals
Aloe vitals is herbal product in the form of capsule and is prepared from standardized extract of Aloe (Aloe barbedensis). This formulation brings beneficial results in various health disorders and Dermatitis as it has the ability to counteract inflammation naturally.
It encourages a healthy skin growth and also acts as a protective barrier. It is effective in promoting the proliferation of new and healthy skin cells and these healthy skin cells will replace damaged skin cells due to Dermatitis.
Aloe (Aloe barbedensis): This natural herb in Sanskrit is known by the name Ghrit kumari and in English commonly as Aloe Vera. This herb is very good source of vitamins C and E that helps the recovery of the skin by controlling the inflammation and reduces any present rashes without any side effects. It also supports to moisturize the skin and keeps dry skin hydrated. It is even a rich source of antioxidants and reduces the effect of toxins in the body. It helps to improve immune system naturally.
2. Radiant Skin hair nail formula
This herbal formulation is helpful against various skin diseases including dermatitis. It is blend of various natural herbs that act synergistically to nourish skin, growth of longer and healthier hair, as well strengthen dry and brittle nails. Maintains healthy skin and hair.
- Manjishtha (Rubia cordifolia): This herbal plant constitutes anti-inflammatory properties and relieves inflammations which makes it effective against skin disorders.
- Fumaria officianalis It is herbaceous plant and is good in anti-inflammatory and anti-oxidant property.
- Chirata (Swertia chiretta): It is a medicinal herb which helps to keep the skin and body healthy. It is an anti-inflammatory and a good blood purifier.
- Aloe Vera (Aloe barbadensis): Aloe barbedensis very popular herb with great medicinal properties in the Ayurveda. It is usually applied locally on the skin as well used internally. This herb is rich in vitamins C and E that helps the recovery of the skin and controls the inflammation and reduces any present rashes without any side effects.
3. Neem Capsules
It is a pure Nutraceutical formulation that contains standardized extract of Neem (Azadirachta indica) and these capsule are very supportive in maintaining a healthy skin. Neem Capsules contain anti-bacterial, anti-fungal and anti-parasitic properties. This medicinal herb which is the one of the best blood purifier and is effective against Dermatitis.
Neem (Azadirachta indica):- It is an evergreen herbaceous plant useful in chronic skin problems like (eczema) the advanced stage of Dermatitis. Neem oil is easily effective in relieving the itching and redness of eczema.
4. Kumkumadi Oil
This is an effective formulation with medicinal properties supporting health of the skin as well maintains healthy blood circulation by balancing three doshas Vata, Pitta and Kapha (physical energies) in body. Kumkumadi oil of Planet Ayurveda prepared by the combination of various herbs.
- Rakta Chandan (Pterocarpus Santalinus)
- Manjistha (Rubia Cordifolia)
- Yashtimadhu (Glycyrrhiza Glabra)
- Daruhaldi (Berberis Aristata)
- Ushira (Vetiveria Zizanioides)
- Padmaka (Prunus Puddum)
- Vat (Ficus Benghalensis)
- Kesar (Crocus Sativus)
- Pipal (Ficus Religiosa)
- Nagkesar (Mesua Ferrea)
- Til (Sesamum Indicum)
- Cow Milk
- Dashmool Powder.
All the natural herbs of this oil work in combination and provides relief against the symptoms of dermatitis.
Where to buy Skin Care Pack?
To buy Skin Care Pack, please visit store.planetayurveda.com/skin-care-pack.html.