What is the Effective Treatment for Sarcoidosis?
What is Sarcoidosis?
Sarcoidosis is a multi-systemic disorder which is characterized by the formation of immune granulomas in the organs that are affected. It is an inflammatory disorder that affects multiple organs in the body but mostly the lungs and lymph glands are affected. The abnormal masses or nodules commonly known as granulomas which consist of inflamed tissues develop in certain parts of the body.
It is a ubiquitous disorder with an incidence estimated at around 16.5/100,000 in men and 19/100,000 in women. It primarily affects young and middle-aged adults. In sarcoidosis, lungs and lymphatic system are mainly affected but virtually other organs may be involved. Other severe manifestations may result from cardiac, pulmonary, neurological, kidney or laryngeal localizations. Abnormal metabolism of Vitamin D3 within granulomatous lesions and hypercalcemia are also possible.
In most benign cases, no treatment is required but a regular follow- up until recovery is necessary. In more serious cases, medical treatment is required either initially or at some point during follow up according to clinical manifestations.
What are the Symptoms of Sarcoidosis?
- Due to the involvement of lungs, patients with sarcoidosis experience pulmonary symptoms which include shortness of breath, wheezing, chest pain, persistent dry cough, etc.
- Cutaneous sarcoidosis occurs when it affects skin leading to the symptoms such as skin rashes, appearance of red or purple coloured bumps which are located on the ankles and shins which are warm and tender to touch.
- When it affect the eyes, the patient may develop a blurred vision with pressure and pain in the eyes, redness of the eyes, increased sensitivity to light etc.
- If it affects the heart, then symptoms such as chest pain, shortness of breath, palpitations, fluttering heartbeats, swelling due to excessive fluid retention may take place.
- The symptoms which occur due to affected joints are severe pain, swelling in the joints, restriction in mobility etc.
What are the Causes of Sarcoidosis?
According to modern medicine, the etiology remains unknown but the prevailing hypothesis is that there are various unidentified antigens of either infectious or environmental origin could trigger an exaggerated immune reaction.
Diagnosis of Sarcoidosis
It is difficult to diagnose because the symptoms of sarcoidosis mimic other health conditions. In the beginning, there are no signs and symptoms present. It can be diagnosed by physical examination such as examining lymph nodes for swelling, examining skin lesions etc. Diagnostic tests that can be helpful in the diagnosis of Sarcoidosis are:
- X-ray of the chest and lungs to check the lungs and heart
- Lung pulmonary function tests
- Eye examination to detect vision problems
- Small sample of tissue can be taken from the part of the body to look for the granulomas which are commonly seen in this condition.
Effective Treatment for Sarcoidosis in Ayurveda
The effective treatment for sarcoidosis is available in the ancient medical science 'Ayurveda'. In Ayurveda, there are various herbs that work wonderfully to reduce the pain and inflammation, modulate the body's immunity, prevent and treat rashes associated with sarcoidosis. These herbs are useful in all types of auto-immune disorders.
Planet Ayurveda offers 'Sarco Care Pack' for the effective treatment of sarcoidosis. It is a holistic treatment for sarcoidosis which provides relief from breathing difficulties, cough, wheezing and other symptoms associated with it.
- Punarnava mandur - 2 tablets, two times per day with plain water after meals.
- Curcumin Capsules - 2 capsules, twice daily, with plain water after meals.
- Aller-G Care - 2 capsules, two times in a day, with plain water after meals.
- Kanchnaar Guggul - 2 tablets, three times per day, with plain water after meals.
1. Punarnava Mandur
Planet Ayurveda's Punarnava Mandur is prepared according to the method mentioned in the classical texts. The main ingredient of Punarnava Mandur is Boerhavia diffusa. Other main ingredients are Trivit (Operculina turpethum), Shunthi (Zingiber officinale), Vidanga (Embelia ribes) etc. This medicine is widely used in Ayurvedic practice for eliminating the toxins from the body. It is an amazing herbal remedy for sarcoidosis as it is useful in inflammation or swelling. The skin rashes are also considerably reduced as these tablets also rejuvenate the skin and restore the health of affected tissues.
2. Curcumin Capsules
Curcumin Capsules of Planet Ayurveda are packed with the standardized extract of Curcuma longa. Curcumin is the best anti-inflammatory agent. These capsules are effective in dealing with the symptoms of sarcoidosis such as swollen lymph nodes, pain and swelling in the joints such as ankles. Therefore, these capsules provide relief naturally in the treatment of sarcoidosis.
3. Aller-G Care
Aller-G Care Capsules by Planet Ayurveda contains the standardized extracts of various herbs that act effectively in the treatment of all kinds of respiratory disorders in a synchronized manner. These capsules are useful in dealing with the symptoms of sarcoidosis such as chest pain, constant dry cough, shortness of breath etc.
(Reference: Bhavaprakasha Nighantu, Guduchyadi Varga, Shloka No. 15).
Meaning: According to this shloka, neem leaves are good for eyes, helps to relieve infection, helps in eliminating worms and microbes, balances Pitta, acts as a natural detoxifier, increases Vata, undergoes pungent taste conversion after digestion, relieves skin diseases and anorexia.
4. Kanchnaar Guggul
Kanchnaar Guggul is widely used Ayurvedic medicine and its reference is found in the 44th chapter of Bhaishajya Ratnavali (ancient Ayurvedic text). The prime ingredients of Kanchnaar Guggul are Kanchnaar (Bauhinia variegata) and Guggul (Commiphora mukul). This medicine is widely used in the treatment of lymph nodes, extra growths, tumor as this herbal preparation is useful in expelling the accumulated Kapha from the body due to the presence of herbs such as Amalaki, Haritaki, Bibhitaki, Pippali, Marich, Shunthi etc.
These remedies by Planet Ayurveda work effectively and naturally without causing any side effects.
To buy Sarco Care Pack, please visit store.planetayurveda.com/products/sarco-care-pack.