Garbha Chintamani Ras
Reference: Ayurved sar sangrah 17th edition, page 280-281.
Garbha Chintamani Ras is an Ayurvedic medicine available in tablet form. It is used in the treatment of pregnancy related problems like Burning sensation during pregnancy, Pyrexia during pregnancy.
10 g fine powder of each of:-
- Shuddha Parada - purified Mercury
- Shuddha Gandhaka - purified Sulphur
- Swarna Bhasma - Bhasma of Gold
- Loha Bhasma - Bhasma prepared from Iron
- Rajata Bhasma - Bhasma of Silver
- Makshika Bhasma - Bhasma of Copper-Iron Pyrite
- Shuddha Haratala - Purified and processed Orpiment (Arsenic tri sulphide)
- Vanga Bhasma - Tin Calx
- Abhraka Bhasma - Purified and processed Mica
Quantity sufficient of Juice extract/decoction of:-
- Brahmi - Bacopa monnieri
- Vasa - Adhatoda vasica
- Bhringaraja - Eclipta alba
- Parpataka - Hedyotis corymbosa
- Dashamoola - group of 10 roots
How to Make?
Make fine power of above ingredients and mix with juice extract or decoction seven times and make into paste and finally pills are prepared.
- 250 mg once or twice a day, before or after food or as directed by Ayurvedic doctor.
- It is traditionally administered along with honey.
- Burning sensation during pregnancy
- Pyrexia during pregnancy
- Postpartum disorder
- Puerperal disorders
- Low appetite, vomiting, diarrhea, weakness etc. during pregnancy
- Morning sickness, vomiting and weakness
- Fever, Cough, leucorrhoea during pregnancy
- Self-medication with this medicine may prove to be dangerous contains heavy metal ingredients, hence should only be taken under strict medical supervision.
- Take this medicine in precise dose and for limited period of time, as advised by doctor.
- Over-dosage may cause severe poisonous effect.