Reference: Sahasrayogam, Kashaya Prakarana, 48.2
Gokshuradi Kwath is a herbal decoction preparation, also known by the other names like Gokshuradi Kashaya and Gokshuradi Kadha. It is used to cure the inflammatory conditions. It calms Vata, Pitta and Kapha.
- Gokshura – Tribulus terrestris
- Wet Ginger – Zingiber officinalis
- Punarnava – Boerrhavia diffusa
- Harad – Terminalia chebula
- Daru – Cedrus deodara
- Dry ginger – Zingiber officinale
- Garlic – Allium sativum
- Ikshuraka – Asteracantha longifiolia
Method of Preparation
Gokshuradi Kwath is prepared by boiling the herbal powder of above mentioned herbs in 8 parts of water. Boiling is done until the water is reduced to quarter part.
Take 5 – 10 ml, before food, or on empty stomach, once or twice a day or as directed by Ayurvedic doctor.
It is used in the treatment of inflammation, edema and benign prostate hypertrophy.
- Take this medicine only under medical supervision.
- It has a mild diuretic action.
- Special care is needed while administering this medicine to people who are on medication for high BP.