Hikkantaka Rasa - Benefits, Usage, Indications and Dosage
Reference - Rasatantra Sar (first part); edition 13; 440 – 441.
Hikkantaka Rasa is an ayurvedic formulation that is known to prepare from the mixture of effective minerals and herbs.
- Swarna bhasma - Calcined Aurum
- Mukta pishti - Processed Pearl
- Tamra bhsama – copper calx
- Loha bhsama – calcined iron
- Lemon - Citrus Medica
Method of Preparation
- Take the ingredients from number one to four and mix well. Now tinctured this mixture with Lemon's juice.
- After tincture process, took 125 mg paste and make pills from it.
Hikkantaka Rasa is an Ayurvedic medicine primarily used to manage the problem of hiccups. It helps to manage the involuntary contractions of the diaphragm because the each contraction is followed by a sudden closure of vocal cords that produces the distinctive "hic" sound. Diaphragm eases the process of breathing also. It helps to stimulate the nerves in the throat regions and thus manages the hiccups.
One to three pills, two to three times a day, with lemon juice, honey and black salt.
Take medicine under doctor's prescription.
Note:- This is pure classical Ayurvedic medicine and should be strictly consumed only after prescription of an Ayurvedic doctor and to be taken under medical supervision only.
Dr. Meenakshi Chauhan
MD (ALT. MEDICINE) View Profile