Reference: R. T. S 1/648, Ashtanga Hridayam.
Hingvadi Vati is a classical formulation that can alleviate Vata Dosha. This is Ayurvedic medicine in which Hingu (asafetida), is the main ingredient of the medicine. It is used in gas problem, distention and abdominal pain. This is Hingvadi Churna in pill form.
- Hingu (Ferula asafetida)
- Amlavetasa (Garcinia indica)
- Vyosha (Pepper, Long Pepper and Ginger)
- Trilavana (Three types of salts)
Method of Preparation
First of all roast hing. Then grind this roasted hing along with Amlavetasa, Vyosha, and Trilavana to form powder. Then convert it into tablet of 250mg. It must be stored in a dry place.
It is another effective herbal formulation which is prepared from various natural ingredients and hing (asafoetida) is the main ingredient of this remedy. It is used for the various vata related disorders like gastric disorders including abdominal gas, indigestion, abdominal pain and cramps. It helps to maintain the healthy digestive system and improves the digestion. It acts as a good appetizer and enhances good appetite. Use of this medicine is effective to get relief from gas problem, distention and abdominal pain. It helps to remove toxins from the body and detoxify it!
- Hingvadi Vati is an efficient in gastro intestinal system problems.
- It is very suitable in eliminating gas problem, distention and abdominal pain.
Consume 1-2 tablets at night, before or after having meals with water or as suggested by Ayurvedic doctor or along with butter milk, hot water or ginger juice.
Contraindications / Side Effects
- No side effects have been notified by use of this medicine.
- Over dose of this medicine can worsen gastritis.
- Individuals with high BP condition must follow precautions before taking this medicine, as it contains salt.
- Keep it away from sight and reach of children.