Burning urination is a major symptom of Urinary tract infection. It mainly occurs among the women. Due to the presence of the E.coli bacteria, this situation occurs.
Apart from the burning sensation, there are certain other symptoms, which include the following:
- Difficulty in holding the urine
- Change in the color of the urine
Home Remedies for Burning Urination
1. Baking Soda
Sodium bi-carbonate or baking soda helps to neutralize the acid present in the urine. This helps to reduce the burning sensation, making it less painful. However, do not take excess baking soda. This is because; it may disturb the balance in the intestinal region.
2. Cranberry Juice
Cranberry juice does not cure the situation. It helps to prevent the further recurrence, especially in women. Drinking 50 to 150 ml of cranberry juice daily is highly effective in treating the situation. However, this is of not much important in males. Also, it has some side effects.
3. Enhance the Intake of Fluid
More and more consumption of fluids, especially water, herbal tea and non-caffeinated drinks helps to flush out the toxic materials from the body. This helps to reduce the burning sensation while urinating easily. Also, it helps to prevent the occurrence of cystitis and any other urinary tract infections.
4. Put a Heating Pad on the Pelvic Region
To get instant relief from the tremendous burning sensation, applying a heating pad or any other warm compress on the pelvic region can be highly beneficial.
Apart from these home remedies, you need to follow some useful tips to stay healthy and get relief from such situations.
- Avoid the consumption of the caffeinated drinks
- Urinate after having sexual intercourse
- Maintain a healthy diet
- Carry out some amount of physical activities and yogas every day
- Avoid taking baths and instead, take showers
- Wipe from front to back with fresh pieces of wipes.
- Wash hands thoroughly
- Try wearing cotton underwear
- Do not hold the urine for a long duration of time.