Very common problem among young ladies is leucorrhoea which is a condition where a thick and sticky discharge releases from their vagina.
Leucorrhoea is a natural defense mechanism which preserves the flexibility of vaginal tissues by lubricating it.
It is not a disease but symptom in some diseases like diabetes, anemia or in some bacterial infections.
CAUSES OF LEUCORRHOEA
- Improper dietary food habits and improper life style.
- Excessive intake of heavy, cold, sweet, unctuous and dense foods.
- Consumption of too much cheese, yogurt, milk and butter.
- Fungal infections.
- General weakness, fatigue and emaciated body.
- Improper vaginal hygiene.
- Hormonal disturbances.
- Excess sexual intercourse.
- Repeated abortions.
SYMPTOMS OF LEUCORRHOEA
- Thick, yellowish white vaginal discharge.
- Weakness and fatigue.
- Pain in low back or thigh region
Effective Home Remedies for Leucorrhoea
- Keep your vaginal area clean by cleaning it 2 to 3 times daily with water. Or use alum with water to wash. Pat dry later with your own towels.
- Eat black and ripened bananas every day or make banana milk shake, add pinch of turmeric then drink. Practice this home remedy for a week minimum. This helps you to deal effectively with problem called leucorrhoea.
- Boil 3 teaspoon of methi in 1 liter of water for 20 minutes to half an hour, drain and use it for vaginal wash.
- Regular douching with decoction prepared with tender guava leaves, bark of banyan tree is considered to be very beneficial.
- Soak 3 to 3 lady finger in a big glass of water overnight, early in the morning, drink the water for better results.
- Soak I teaspoon full of coriander seeds in a cup of water overnight. Drink it next morning and chew the seeds also.
- Prepare tandulodaka (rice water) by boiling 3 tablespoon of rice in 3 cups of water. Drink itevery day after straining.