Home Remedies for Stress
Stress has become a part and parcel of our daily lives. This is because of the busy work schedule and over loaded work regime. Stress creeps in our lives, when it becomes difficult to maintain a balance between the professional and personal lives. And, stress leads to several severe complications. These include cardiovascular disorders, cardiac arrests, high blood pressure, nervous disorder, inflammatory bowel disorder, urinary complications and several other related medical problems. They also fall sick.
These days, a lot of people suffer from stress due to busy life schedule and hectic lifestyle. When an individual is in tremendous stressful situation, people feel tired and drowsy. Also, people get exhausted. They lose their peace of mind and often get irritated.
To get rid of such situations, we have the following home remedies. These fight stress away from our lives completely.
Major Causes of Stress
- Life Cause: Environmental variation, death of their near ones, insomnia, new working hours, health related stressors like pregnancy, illness or injury.
- General Cause: Financial problem, social or physical threat, cognitive dissonance, feeling of insecurity, uncertainty feeling.
- Work Related Problem: Relationship with colleagues, office culture, demand of the job.
An easy and safe way is to use home remedies for stress. These home remedies are natural and designed to be effective in the long run without any side effects.
Effective Home Remedies for Stress
Celery contains the phytonutrient, pthalides. This has a sedative impact. This provides perfect respite from stress and helps to lead a peaceful life. Include celery in your regular diet. Chop the celery into pieces and include in it the salad.
Oats are also effective in providing soothing impact to the body. It calms down the body and helps to fight hyper tension. This lowers the high blood pressure of the individuals. This also helps to get rid of high cholesterol. Thus, oats are highly important to relieve stress to a whole extent.
Lettuce contains lacturcarium. This acts as a natural sedative. It provides a soothing action to the body. This starch reducing vegetable helps to get rid of the various tensions and stress of the body. Include lettuce in your daily diet and lead a happy life.
4. Peppermint Tea
Drink a cup of peppermint tea and get rid of tension completely. It provides a calming and soothing impact to the body. It helps the patient to have a wonderful sleep and get rid of stress. Drink at least one cup of peppermint tea regularly.
Besides these home remedies, there are some other important tips to relieve stress.
5. Passion Flower
It is also known as "folk remedy". It is useful for treating depression and anxiety. It increases the level of the gamma aminobutyric acid. This nutrient helps to decrease the activity of the brain, making the individual fully relaxed and devoid of stress.
6. Chamomile Tea
Consume a cup of chamomile tea. It helps to relieve tension, act as a sedative and provides relief from anxiety and irritation. This caffeine free herbal tea is very effective herbal remedy for stress.
Consuming grapefruit in place of apple or banana helps to soothe out the stress. It is a rich source of Vitamin C, which relaxes the mind and soothes away the stress completely.
8. Sandalwood Aromatherapy
The aromatherapy is yet another effective home remedy for stress. The massage helps to ease out all the tension and stress from the body of the individuals imparting a wonderful and relieved life. Stress can lead to severe headache, backache and other acute pains. A thorough body massage helps to provide relief from the pain as well.
- Practice meditation. This helps to provide calming impact to the body and mind as well.
- 20 minutes walking, jogging or regular exercise helps to alleviate tension, stress and makes the body active and helps in proper blood circulation in the body.
- The session of 20-30 minutes on a daily basis is absolutely relaxing and imparts soothing action to the individuals.
- This lowers the level of anxiety and depression.
- Drink a lot of water. This makes you calm and composed and relieves stress and tension from the body of the individuals to a huge extent.