How can Psoriatic Arthritis be Treated Naturally?
Most of the people are aware about arthritis but not about psoriatic arthritis. 15% of the people have arthritis that precedes the psoriasis. The psoriatic arthritis is an auto-immune disease that results in inflammation of the skin and joints. It is a condition in which red patches appear on the skin with silvery scales. The patient with psoriatic arthritis firstly develops psoriasis later on ends up with joints problem. This occurs in adults between the 30 to 50 years of age.
The natural treatment of this disease manages all the symptoms as there are numerous herbs that treat the disease and don’t create any side-effects on the body.
What are the Different Types of Psoriatic Arthritis?
As there are five different types of psoriatic arthritis according to modern science,they are mentioned below:
- Asymmetric psoriatic arthritis that involves three joints in body like knee, hip, and several finger joints.
- Symmetric psoriatic arthritis involves the same joints that cause loss of functions and destructive diseases.
- Distal interphalangeal predominant psoriatic arthritis that affects small joints of toes and fingers.
- Arthritis mutilans is a deforming, severe, and destructive form of psoriatic arthritis.
- Spondylitis causes inflammation in the neck, stiffness, lower backache, difficulty in the movement of the pelvis region, and spinal vertebrae.
What are the Signs and Symptoms of Psoriatic Arthritis?
The various signs and symptoms of psoriatic arthritis are:
- Inflammation in the joints
- Pain in the joints
- General weakness
- The joints that are affected, they are wrists, knees, ankles, shoulders, elbows, spine
- It also causes inflammation of other areas like eyes, aorta, and lungs
Which Factors Trigger the Psoriatic Arthritis?
The different factors that trigger psoriatic arthritis are:
- A skin infection and inflammation.
- Sometimes excessive exposure to sun causes sunburn that triggers the symptoms of psoriatic arthritis.
- The bacterial infection caused by streptococcal bacteria.
- HIV infections also worsen the condition of a psoriatic patient.
- Excessive stress is also responsible for increasing the symptoms of these patients.
- Cigarette smoking increases the risk of psoriasis.
- Drugs like lithium, beta-blockers, antimalarial aggravates the symptoms.
- Consumption of alcohol increases risk of psoriatic arthritis.
- Fluctuation of the hormones results in psoriasis.
- Family history is also a causative factor for psoriatic arthritis.
Which Types of Complications are faced by a Psoriatic Arthritis Patient?
In psoriatic patients there is destruction of small bones, deformity and disability in the fingers, conjunctivitis, painful eyes, blurred vision these all are seen.
How Psoriatic Arthritis is Diagnosed?
For proper diagnosis of psoriatic arthritis firstly medical history is done in which proper descriptions of the symptoms are made. After that swelling and inflammation is seen on the joints. Abnormalities on nails of the toes and fingers are checked. Patches on the skin are seen. The diagnostic tests such as X-rays, ESR (Erythrocyte sedimentation rate), C-reactive protein test, and Rheumatoid factor (RF) are checked. Sometimes doctor test the joint fluid to exclude infectious arthritis or gout conditions. The patients with psoriatic arthritis show negative rheumatoid factor. X-ray is done for detecting the changes in the joints and bones.
Natural Treatment for Psoriatic Arthritis -
In Ayurveda psoriatic arthritis is correlated with "eka kushta" that is a type of kshudra kushta.
This shloka states that the type of kushta: ek kushta, chrmakhya, kitibh, vipadika, alsak, dadru, chramdal, pama, visphot, shataru, and vicharchika.
This shloka states the symptoms related to kushta: loss of sensation, increased sweating, discoloration of the skin, eruptions on the body, tingling sensation, itching and pains, individual feels tired and fatigue , these eruptions aggravate very fast, stay for long time, burning sensation, numbness, etc are the signs and symptoms of the kushta.
Planet Ayurveda offers joint support pack for the treatment of psoriatic arthritis. This pack comprises of four products Bone support, Curcumin capsules, Joint aid plus, and Coral calcium complex.
These all medicines will deal with all the signs and symptoms associated with psoriatic arthritis.
- Bone Support - 1 Capsule twice daily with lukewarm water, after meals.
- Boswellia Curcumin - 1 Capsule twice daily with lukewarm water, after meals.
- Yograj Guggul - 2 Tablets twice daily with lukewarm water, after meals.
- Coral Calcium Complex - 1 Capsule twice daily with lukewarm water, after meals.
1. Bone Support
These are classical herbal capsules that contain ingredients like Arjuna (Terminalia arjuna), Asthishrinkala (Cissus quadrangularis), Sudh Laksha (Laccifera lacca), Sahijan (Moringa oleifera), etc. The regular use of capsules deals with the symptoms of psoriatic arthritis patient.
2. Boswellia Curcumin
Boswellia Curcumin are polyherbal capsules formulated by planet ayurveda using ingredients such as Shallaki (Boswellia serrata), Curcumin (Curcuma longa). These capsules are helpful in many conditions such as it provides relief in many joint disorders and acts as a supplement for arthritis. It has an ingredient Curcumin which helps to clean the liver and helps in detoxifying the body. Boswellia Curcumin capsules are helpful in increasing mobility and reducing stiffness.
3. Yograj Guggul
Yograj Guggul are herbal tablets which is prepared by planet ayurveda using ingredients such as Guggul (Commiphora mukul), Haritaki (Terminalia chebula), Pepper (Piper longum), Cardamom (Elettaria cardamomum), Rasna (Pluchea lanceolata) and many more. This tablet is useful in Gout and in rheumatoid arthritis, helps to deal with the problem of abdominal tumours and in case of worm infestation. Treats bloating and used in bone related issues such as in joints affecting marrow.
4. Coral Calcium Complex
This is a natural calcium that keeps the bones and joints healthy. The ingredients used for the preparation of the capsules are Praval pishti, Akik pishti, Kamdudha ras, Mukta pishti, Giloy satva, and Jehar mohra pishti that strengthen the bones. The signs and symptoms related to psoriatic arthritis are managed with regular use of these capsules.
The regular use of all these medicines gives very effective results. Eat a healthy food and avoid junk, processed, and stale food items. Performing yoga poses like side angle pose, cobra pose, extended leg balance, seated spinal twist, etc are beneficial in psoriatic arthritis conditions.