Application Of Human Urine In Skin Problems
Human urine has always interested and attracted the attention of the general public as well as the medical fraternity. Human urine is also known as 'Shivambu'. It was also referred to as 'the elixir of long life' indicating the enormous therapeutic properties it possesses. The ancient pronouns given to urine indicate the importance and role it had in that era. Urine was referred to with different names which describe the following meanings in various cultures like Drink, Strength, Light, Energy, information, distillation of the body, A substance able to induce transmutation and the passage from disease to health.
Introduction Of Human Urine In Skin Problems
Urine is referred to as Muttra in Ayurveda. Ayurveda believes that the disease is caused by an abnormal shift in the internal metabolic balance, regulated by the five elements of aether, air, fire, water and earth in that individual. To regulate and promote the health of the body,rebalancing that unique metabolism is required to attain the equilibrium of these elements. There is an elaborate description of ten types of mutra that are due to a diseased condition or some sort of abnormality in the body available in the Sushruta Samhita.
According to the ayurvedic principles, there are three major mala (excretions)
It is considered very essential to maintain the natural levels of these three mala to maintain the body in a healthy condition. If their level increases or decreases, the person lands in diseased condition. Hence, indicating its importance for a healthy living.
According to Sushruta Samhita-15/8
Mutra is responsible for the fluid component in the body and it is supposed to fill the bladder.
While urine is considered just a waste product of the body in western medicine, there are various cultures that present a very different and unique view point about urine. In many different cultures, Urine is not considered merely a waste product of the body. It is believed to be a distilled product extracted from the human blood and suggests that it contains various useful substances for the health of the body.
Urine Therapy Or Uro Therapy
Urine therapy is also known as: Urotherapy, urine therapy, Shivambu, uropathy, or auto-urine therapy. Urotherapy is the application of human urine for therapeutic or cosmetic purposes, which includes one or all of the following:
- Drinking of person's own urine
- Massaging the person's own urine on skin
- Massaging the person's own urine on his gums
Constituents of urine-Urine is an aqueous solution of greater than 95% water.
It also contains-
- Urea 9.3 g/L
- Chloride 1.87 g/L
- Sodium 1.17 g/L
- Potassium 0.750 g/L
- Creatinine 0.670 g/L
- And various other ions, organic and inorganic constituents.
Urine Therapy: Description
Detailed description of the use of urine is mentioned in the ancient Sanskrit texts eg.Damar tantra. The human urine is referred to as 'Shivambu'. Auto urine therapy is propounded by Lord Shiva to Goddess Parvati. It explains in very detail that the auto urine is capable of curing numerous diseases and promoting overall health of the body.
It has been stated in Damar tantra that-
- Shivambu (Self urine) is holy nectar. It possesses capability to heal various diseases and promote the health of the body.
- By drinking Shivambu (self urine) for a month – the body will be purified internally.
- When Shivambu (self urine) is consumed for two months – It will stimulate and energize the senses of the body.
- Drinking Shivambu (self urine) for one more month i.e. three months will destroy all the bodily diseases and will free the person from all the troubles.
- When a person continues drinking it for five months, he will acquire divine vision and freedom from all diseases.
- Drinking it for six months will result in making the practitioner highly intelligent and highly fluent in the scriptures.
- When the practitioner continues the practice for the duration of seven months, he will acquire extraordinary strength.
- By continuing the practice for eight months, one will gain a permanent glow like that of gold.
- Ten months of this practice will provide tremendous luster to the practitioner.
- The practitioner who practices consumption of Shivambu daily and excludes salty, sour and bitter food from his diet acquires divine accomplishments quickly. Freed from all ailments, and possessing a body comparable to that of Shiva Himself, he disports himself like the gods in the Universe for an eternity.
Benefits Of Self Urine To The Skin
The Shivambu (self urine) should be mixed with the powder of the Koshtha fruit properly and then must be consumed in the appropriate quantity. When this combination is practiced for twelve years, the person's body will be free from the symptoms and features of old age such as, whitening of the hair and wrinkles on the skin. The person will acquire the strength which is similar to that of a thousand elephants, and will be able to live as long as the moon and the stars will exist.
- We can correlate the urine therapy (self-urine therapy) on the basis of similarity to that of Auto-inoculation or self-vaccination.
- Urine therapy is the consumption of self urine. The principles behind this therapy are supposed to be as follows:
- The different bodily substances that have been previously removed from the body, (many of which may have been excreted as an outcome of an imbalance in the body's equilibrium). These are introduced again into the body in small amounts and are absorbed again into the blood through either the skin or the intestines.
- This will boost the immune system of the body. It provides all the information creating memory and the chance to react effectively to achieve homeostasis. Hence, helps to protect the body from future interferences.
Human urine is a subject of numerous biomedical researches and investigations. It can be concluded that human urine is capable of healing various types of diseases. Appropriate consumption of self urine can help people promote their health and various other benefits eg. skin health etc.