AYURVEDIC TREATMENT OF ISCHEMIC HEART DISEASE
We are undergoing rapid change from last few years and speed of this phase of transformation is increasing very speedily. No doubt we are increasing our skills but our moral values and norms are lost. We all are experiencing drastic change in our lifestyle. Modern lifestyle has number of advantages by making everything short and easier. On the other hand this lifestyle makes us physically, mentally and socially sick. Other way modernity is excess use of electronic gadget, computers, laptops and machines. Our lifestyle is sedentary and intake of unhealthy food is rising. This unhealthy lifestyle increases the risk of overweight. As a result consequently we are leading to diabetes, various heart diseases and respiratory disorders. Let's talk about one of cardiovascular disease in this article.
Heart is special muscle found in human body to pump blood throughout body and it beats 70 times per minute. The size heart is just about our fist. The network of blood vessels that supply blood in the heart's surface is called coronary arteries.
About Ischemic Heart Disease
Word ischemia means insufficient blood supply to heart. The disease may defined as condition when blood supply to heart is reduced and oxygen level is not sufficient for myocardium. Main cause of this disease is blockage in the coronary arteries. This condition may further lead to stable and unstable angina, myocardial infarction and cardiac arrest.
Causes of Ischemic Heart Disease
- Genetic and hereditary causes
- Diabetes mellitus
- Excessive smoking
- Stressful lifestyle
- High levels of cholesterol
Symptoms of Ischemic Heart Disease
- Acute and mild chest pain
- Loss of appetite
- Shortness of breath
- Swelling in feet and ankles
- Heart failure
- Sudden death
Risk Factors of Ischemic Heart Disease
- Excessive intake of alcohol and smoking
- Age and family history
- Diabetic patient
- Unsaturated fat rich diet
Diagnosis of Ischemic Heart Disease
- X- ray chest
- Blood test
- Coronary angiography
- Intravascular ultrasound
- Magnetic resonance imaging
Ayurvedic term used for ischemic heart disease is "HRIDROGA". Word 'HRID' means heart and 'ROG' means disease and disease associated with heart is called ischemic heart disease. According to Ayurveda heart is considered as a main channel for rasa and rakta dhatu. Our sedentary life style and unhealthy food intake cause blockage in the heart. The main power in our body that control everything is vata dosha. Vikrati of meda dhatu, pitta and kapha dosha blocks the way of vata. Aggregation of vata dosha causes pain in heart and other symptoms like cough, fatigue, palpitations, loss of appetite etc.
- PRANA VAYU – Prana vayu causes cough and drowsiness.
- VAYANA VAYU – Vyana vayu is responsible for the swelling in feet and ankles and increasing heart rate.
- SADHAKA PITTA – Sadhaka pitta is responsible for palpitations and cold sweating. Due to this vayu we can feel our heart beats.
- AVLAMBAKA KAPHA – loss of appetite, fatigue and weakness are due to avlambaka kapha.
- OJAS – Finally heart failure and sudden cardiac arrest is due to ojas. Because main site of ojas is heart.
Katu rasa pardhan, teekshan, laghu, suksham, lekhan guna pardhan, kapha- vata hara, medho hara, ushan veerya herbs are used to manage heart problems.
Herbal Remedies for Ischemic Heart DiseaseBY Planet Ayurveda
Planet Ayurveda offers best combination of effective herbal remedies such as Heart Care Pack for ayurvedic treatment of ischemic heart disease. These herbal remedies contains natural herbs, which are very beneficial in the treatment of Ischemic Heart Disease. These herbal remedies are prepared from using best quality herbs and strictly follow the principles of Ayurveda. All these herbal remedies of Planet Ayurveda are 100 percent pure, natural and vegetarian. These are free from chemicals, additives and preservatives. These are safe to use as these are free from side effects.
- Arjuna Capsules - 1 Capsule twice daily with plain water, after meals.
- Arjun Tea - 1 Cup daily.
- Total Heart Support - 2 Capsules twice daily with plain water, after meals.
- Gotu Kola Capsules - 1 Capsule twice daily with plain water, after meals.
1. Arjun Capsules
Arjun capsule is a natural herbal supplement to cure heart problems. This supplement is pure and vegetarian. Arjun tree is 20-25 meters tall with oblong and conical leaves. Arjun tree bark contains natural alkaloids and very effective to cure heart problems. This herbal remedy is also used to clear the blockage of arteries and also improves blood circulation effectively.
2. Arjun Tea
Herbs used in this herbal supplement are:-
- Arjuna (Terminalia arjuna) – Arjuna is hypolipdemic, cardiac stimulant, hypotensive, astringent and hemostatic. Due to all these properties this herb is used to cure various diseases related to heart.
- Punarnava (Boerhavia diffusa) – Word punarnava is derived from two words "PUNAR" means again and "NAVA" means new. Punarnava is green leafy herb 2 to 3 feet long. Stem with entire herb is used for medicinal purpose. This herb is sweet, pungent and astringent in taste.
- Pipal tvak (Ficus religiosa) – Ficus religiosa is a religious tree found and cultivated throughout India. Leaves, fruits, bark, tender shoot, latex and seeds have medicinal properties. Bark is cool and astringent in nature.
- Dalchini (Cinnamon tamala) – It is a common spice and herb. It is evergreen tree 10-20 meters tall. Bark and leaves are used with their medicinal properties.
- Choti elaichi (Elettaria cardamom) – Cardamom is evergreen herbaceous perennial plant of ginger family. Seeds from fruit capsule are used for herbal supplement with medicinal properties.
This herbal tea is delicious in flavor with wonderful aroma. It has no side effects.
3. Total Heart Support
Total heart support is a natural and safe supplement for a healthy heart. It gives very satisfactory results.
Natural herbs used in this supplement are:-
- Ashwagandh (Withania somnifera) – This herb is used in ayurvedic system for more than 3000 years. It is one of the oldest medicinal plant. It contains alkaloids, iron, tannins, glucose, anti-oxidants, potassium nitrate and steroidal lactones. Roots and berries of the plant are mostly used in herbal supplements and leaves are used rarely. It is also anti-inflammatory and anti-tumor preventive. Ashwagandha fights weakness and debility and promotes health of heart.
- Arjuna (Terminalia arjuna) – Tree of arjun is 20-25 meters long and bark of the tree is used for herbal supplements. Bark has tannins, triterpenoid, sapponins, flavonoids, gallic acid, calcium, magnesium, zinc and copper)). It has many cardio vascular properties, anti-oxidant and reduces cholesterol level. Bark extract of Arjun is very beneficial in ischemic heart diseases.
- Brahmi (Bacopa monnieri) – Brahmi is a very small and creeping herb. Pattern of the leaves are in pair and flowers are white purple in color. It contains alkaloid and sapponins. This herb is also a great source of vitamin C.
- Shankhpushpi (Convolvulus pluricaulis) – It contains various glycosides, nutrients, minerals, anti-oxidants and alkaloids. Medicinal parts are flowers, leaves, stem and roots.
4. Gotu Kola Capsules
Gotu Kola capsules are prepared by Planet Ayurveda containing extracts of the ayurvedic herb, Mandukaparni (Centella asiatica). It is a tridosha shamak agent. Mandukaparni is a cardiac tonic and helps to reduce oedema. It helps to improve blood circulation also. Gotukola is also helpful in digesting ama (undigested food components) and thus, improving the overall condition of the body.
To buy Heart Care Pack, please visit store.planetayurveda.com/heart-care-pack.html.
Diet and Lifestyle
- Eat healthy
- Don't smoke
- Exercise regularly
- Avoid alcohol consumption
- Lower your cholesterol level
- Try to cultivate health and happiness