Reference: Bhaishajya Ratnavali Jwara Rogadhikara – 212 – 221
Jaimangal Ras is an Ayurvedic medicine in tablet form. It is an effective Ayurvedic medicine for the treatment of chronic fever. This medicine contains heavy metal ingredients, hence should only be taken under strict medical supervision. It balances the Vata, Pitta and Kapha doshas.
Ingredients & Methods of Preparation
10 g fine powder of each of:-
- Shuddha Parada – Purified and processed Mercury
- Shuddha Gandhaka – Purified and processed Sulphur
- Tankana Bhasma – Borax
- Tamra Bhasma – Bhasma (calx) of Copper
- Vanga Bhasma – Bhasma of Tin
- Makshika Bhasma – Bhasma (Calx) of Copper and Iron Pyrite
- Saindhava – Rock Salt
- Maricha – Black pepper – Piper nigrum
- Swarna Bhasma – Bhasma (Calx) of Gold – 20 g
- Loha Bhasma – Bhasma (Calx) of Iron – 10 g
- Rajata Bhasma – Bhasma (Calx) of Siver – 10 g
Juice extract / water decoction of each of following for grinding for three days each.
- Dhattura – Datura metel
- Nirgundi – Vitex negundo
- Kiratatikta – Swertia chirata
Take 125 – 250 mg in the morning and evening, with cumin seed and honey, before or after food or as directed by Ayurvedic doctor.
- Chronic fever
- Intermittent fever
- Take this medicine strictly only under medical supervision.
- Self-medication with this medicine may prove to be dangerous, since it contains heavy metal ingredients.
- Take this medicine in precise dose and for limited period of time, as advised by doctor.
- Over-dosage may cause severe poisonous effects.
- It is best avoided in pregnancy, lactation and in children.
- Keep out of reach and sight of children.
- Store in a dry cool place.