Reference: Ashtanga Hridayam, Uttarasthana 25/67
Jatyadi Ghrita is also called as the Jatyadi Ghritam. It is an Ayurvedic medicine, in herbal ghee form which has ghee as its base. It balances the aggravated pitta dosha and used to treat the deep seated wounds. This medicine is used for external application only.
- Jati – Jasminum sambac - 14.76 g
- Nimbapatra – Neem leaves - 14.76 g
- Patolapatra – Trichosanthes dioica - 14.76 g
- Katuka – Picrorrhiza kurroa - 14.76 g
- Darvi – Berberis aristata – 14.76 g
- Nisha – Curcuma longa – 14.76 g
- Sariva – Hemidesmus indica - 14.76 g
- Manjishta – Rubia cordifolia - 14.76 g
- Abhaya – Terminalia chebula / Vetiveria zizanioides – 14.76 g
- Honey bee wax – 14.76 g
- Tuttha – Purified blue vitriol – 14.76 g
- Mulethi – Glycyrrhiza glabra - 14.76 g
- Naktahva – Pongamia pinnata – 14.76 g
- Ghee – 768 ml
- Water – 3.072 liters
Method of Preparation
The above combination is heated till herbal ghee is prepared.
How to Use?
A cloth dipped in Jatyadi grita may be spread over the wound.
This medicine is used to treat the non-healing wound with secretions, deep seated wounds and ulcers.
There are no known side effects with this medicine.