Reference: Sahasrayogam, Kashaya Yoga Prakarana - Masurikahara Kashaya 1.
Jivantyadi Kashayam is an Ayurvedic medicine in herbal decoction form. It is mainly used in the treatment of fever with eruptions. This medicine is formulated based on Kerala Ayurveda principles.
- Jivanti - Leptadenia reticulata
- Hrivera - Pavonia odorata
- Triphala - (Amla - Emblica officinalis, Haritaki - Terminalia chebula and Vibhitaki - Terminalia bellirica)
- Vasa - Adhatoda vasica
- Giloy - Tinospora cordifolia
- Sariva - Hemidesmus indicus
- Ginger - Zingiber officinalis
- Mulethi- Glycyrrhiza glabra
- Musta- Cyperus rotundus
- Chandana - Pterocarpus santalinus
- Patola - Trichosanthes lobata
- Ushira - Vetiveria zizanioides
- Neem - Azadirachta indica
Method of Preparation
All the above mentioned ingredients are added with 8 parts of water. It is boiled until reduced to quarter part. Jivantyadi Kashayam is prepared.
Jivantyadi Kashayam is an Ayurvedic medicine, available in the herbal decoction form. It is primarily used to manage the Chickenpox. It is also an effective medicine to manage the fever with eruptions. Herbs used in the formulation of this medicine are packed with antimicrobial, blood purification, anti-inflammatory and healing properties which help to manage the various infections. Use of this medicine is quite effective to manage the symptoms associated with the chickenpox like fever, malaise, red spots, blisters, and crusted lesions. This medicine helps to boost up the immune system and increases the body's ability to fight against the viral, bacterial and fungal infections. In the case of genital herpes, anti-inflammatory and analgesic actions of this medicine is quite helpful to provide relief in the cold sores. This medicine also works well in scabies and itches. Antiseptic action of this medicine is quite good to heal the boils in diabetes.
- 10 - 20 ml, before food or on empty stomach, once or twice a day, or as directed by Ayurvedic physician.
- It is usually administered along with honey and jaggery.
- Mainly used in the treatment of fever due to eruptions and Chickenpox.
- Effective in ordinary boils and diabetic carbuncles.
- Herpes, scabies and itches.
- For diabetic patients, take this medicine with special care as it may lower blood glucose level.
- This medicine under strict medical supervision for children, pregnant and lactating mothers.
- Store in a dry cool place.
- Keep out of reach and sight of children.