Reference: Ashtanga Hridaya Kalpa Sthana 2/17 - 18
Kalyanaka Guda is a very well-known Ayurvedic medicine, which is available in herbal jam form. Kalyanaka Guda is an effective herbal medicine for piles, liver complications etc. Guda means jaggery. This Ayurvedic product is prepared with jaggery base.
- Vidanga (Embelia ribes) - 12 g
- Long pepper root - 12 g
- Triphala Churna (Haritaki, Vibhitaki and Amalaki) - 12 grams each
- Coriander - 12 g
- Chitraka (Plumbago zeylancia) - 12 g
- Pepper - 12 g
- Kutaja seed (Holarrhena antidysenterica) - 12 g
- White caraway - 12 g
- Long pepper - 12 g
- Gajapippali (Scindapsus officinalis) - 12 g
- Yavani (Trachyspermum ammi) - 12 g
- Sauvarchala Lavana (Sochal salt) - 12 g
- Saindhava Lavana - 12 g
- Vida Lavana - 12 g
- Samudra lavana (table salt) - 12 g
- Audbidha lavana - 12 g
- Sesame oil - 384 g
- Trivrit (Operculina turpethum) - 384 g
- Amla (Emblica officinalis) - fresh juice - 2.304 liter
- Jaggery - 2.4 kg
Method of Preparation
Add fresh juice of Amla with jaggery and prepare thick syrup which is added to Kashaya and fine powder of the rest of the ingredients. It is heated till semisolid form is obtained.
Consume 5-10 grams 1-2 times a day before food or after having meals or as recommended by Ayurvedic physician.
- Dose for children below 5 years: 1-2 grams, 1-2 times a day, along with a teaspoon of honey or warm water / milk.
- Dose for children between 5-12 years: 5 grams 1-2 times a day along with a teaspoon of honey or warm water / milk.
- Kalyanaka Guda is very useful treatment for skin diseases.
- Effective remedy in piles, ascites and fistula.
- Efficient Ayurvedic Medicine in anemia, jaundice and liver diseases.
- Precautions must be taken in case of people with hypertension as it contains salt.
- This product must be avoided in people with diabetes.
- Over dose Kalyanaka Guda may result in gastritis.