Kaph Kuthar Ras
Kaph Kuthar Ras - Benefits, Usage, Indications and Dosage
Reference - Rasa Ratna Samuccaya
Kaph Kuthar Ras is one of the known ayurvedic formulation that is prepared from the mixture of minerals and herbs. This is known to treat problems related with cough and phlegm.
- Shuddh parad - Calcinated and purified mercury
- Shuddha gandhaka - Calcinated and purified sulphur
- Saunth - Zingiber officinale
- Maricha - Piper nigrum
- Pippali - Piper longum
- Tamra bhasma - Calcinated and purified copper
- Loha bhsama - Calcinated and purified iron
- Kateli - Solanum surattense
- Kutki - Picrorhiza kurroa
- Dhattura - Datura stramonium
Method of Preparation
- Take the ingredients in equal quantity.
- Take mercury and Sulphur, mix till the minerals lose its shine and form like kajali.
- Now mix this kajali with loha and tamra bhsama mixture.
- Take the ingredients saunth, pippali and maricha. Powder the ingredients and mix with kateli flower's juice in mortar pestle for 6 hours.
- After then tincture with kutki's kwath and dhattura's leaves.
- Now take the paste up to 125 mg and make its pills.
One to two pills with nagarbael's (piper betle) water.
- Chest congestion
- Kapha fever
Take medicine under medical prescription.
Note:- This is pure classical Ayurvedic medicine and should be strictly consumed only after prescription of an Ayurvedic doctor and to be taken under medical supervision only.
Dr. Meenakshi Chauhan
MD (ALT. MEDICINE) View Profile