Reference - Bhaishajya-Ratnavali Arochakrogadhikar 478/11
Karnyadi vati is an herbal formulation. This is a classical Ayurvedic formulation which is used in indigestion.
- Kalonji Jeera (Carum bulbocastanum) - 1 part
- Shweta Jeera (Cuminum cyminum) - 1 part
- Maricha (Piper nigrum) - 1 part
- Munakka (Vitis vinifera) - 1 part
- Kokam (Garcinia indica) - 1 part
- Dadim (Punica granatum) - 1 part
- Sauvarchala lavana (Black salt) - 1 part
- Gud (Jaggery) - 1 part
Description of Ingredients
- Kalonji Jeera - It has a pungent taste and is useful in pacifying Kapha dosha. It is best for abdominal diseases. It acts as an Appetizer, Carminative, and Digestive etc. This is used in vomiting, Diarrhea.
- Shweta Jeera - It is best for the treatment of indigestion. It improves the digestive power by stimulating the digestive fire. This is helpful in increasing appetizers.
- Maricha - This is the best herb in improving digestion. It digests the Aama (Endotoxins) in the body. It pacifies Vata and Kapha. This is an effective herb in cough also.
- Munakka - This ingredient is used as an energy source for ill patients. This is the good source for treating indigestion and other digestive issues.
- Kokam - This is also known as Indian butter tree. This has plenty of health benefits. Basically it manages the digestive system. It helps in reducing acidity and prevents us from gastric ulcers.
- Dadim - It has a sweet and astringent taste and post digestion effect is sweet that is why it is used to pacify Vata dosha. Its actions are laxative, nutritive, diuretic and appetizer.
- Sauvarchala Lavana - This is known as black salt. It has an antioxidant property and helps in digesting Endotoxins. It reduces Heartburn and bloating. It improves the liver function and helps your liver to make bile and improves fat absorption.
- Gud - Jaggery is a sweetener which is a good replacement for sugar. It is a good blood purifier. This is a halo for indigestion by improving digestive power.
Method of Preparation
- Make a fine powder of all the above ingredients except jaggery.
- Then add honey and jaggery in this powder.
- Make 750 mg tablets and let them dry.
Karnyadi vati is an herbal composition. This formulation is used in the treatment of all digestive problems especially in indigestion. The ingredients are best for improving digestive fire. They increase the appetite of the patients. They also provide Energy to the patient.
- Abdominal pain
1 tablet once a day after meal with water.
It should be taken under medical advise.
Note:- This is pure classical Ayurvedic medicine and should be strictly consumed only after prescription of an Ayurvedic doctor and to be taken under medical supervision only.
Dr. Meenakshi Chauhan
MD (ALT. MEDICINE) View Profile