Reference - Sahasrayogam, Kashaya Prakarna, Pramehahara Kashaya.
Katakakhadiradi Kashayam is an ayurvedic formulation that is known to contain mixture of herbs. Out of those herbs, Kataka and Khadira are two herbs that are important in this medicinal formulation. These herbs are known for its anthelmintic, antidysenteric, antipyretic, antidiarrheal and many more properties. This formulation is present in decoction form.
- Khadira (Acacia catechu)
- Kataka (Strychnos potatorum)
- Darvi (Berberis aristata)
- Samanga (Cassia mimosoides)
- Amla (Emblica officinalis)
- Turmeric (Curcuma longa)
- Vairi (Salacia reticulata)
- Chootabija (Mangifera indica)
- Pata (Cyclea peltata)
- Abda (Cyperus rotundus)
- Vidula (Barringtonia acutangula)
- haritaki (Terminalia chebula)
Method of Preparation
- Take all the ingredients up to 10 grams and pour in to a container.
- Now add the 8 times water to that container and boil the water.
- Boil the water mixture till it reduced up to one-fourth level and filter after boiling process.
- Now decoction is prepared.
5 to 10 ml on an empty stomach, once or twice a day, with equal amounts of water, before meals.
- Urinary ailments
- Skin problems
- Over dosage might cause Hypoglycemia.
- Medicine should be taken under doctor's prescription.