KHADIRARISHTA - INGREDIENTS, INDICATIONS, BENEFITS AND USES
Khadirarishta is a liquid Ayurvedic medicine. It is widely used in skin diseases. It is a potent blood purifier hence helps to remove toxins from the blood. It is highly effective in skin diseases like leprosy, boils, etc. It is usually suggestive in glandular enlargement, localized abdominal swelling, tumour, jaundice and anaemia.
- Khadirakashata (Acacia catechu) – 2.5 kg
- Devdaru (Cedrus deodara) - 2.5 kg
- Bakuchi beej (Psoralea corylifolia) - 565gm
- Daruhaldi (Berberis aristata) - 940gm
- Triphala (Haritaki - Terminalia chebula, Vibhitaki - Terminalia bellirica, Amla – Emblica officinalis) -940gm
- Water – 16 Litre
- Madhu (Honey) - 10kg
- Gud/ Shakkar (Jaggery) - 5kg
- Dhataki pushap (Woodfordia fruticosa) - 940gm
- Sheetal cheeni (Piper cubeba) - 50gm
- Nagkeshar (Mesua ferrea) - 50gm
- Jaiphal (Myristica fragrans) - 50gm
- Lavang (Syzygium aromaticum) - 50gm
- Chotielaichi (Elettaria cardamomum) - 50gm
- Dalcheeni (Cinnamomum zeylanicum) - 50gm
- Tejpatta (Cinnamomum tamala) - 50gm
- Peeparbadi (Piper retrofractum) - 190gm
BENEFITS OF INGREDIENTS
- Khadirakashata (Acacia catechu) - Khadir is very useful in skin diseases because it is a best blood purifier. It is also useful in stomach problems such as diarrhoea, colitis and indigestion and worm infestations.
- Devdaru (Cedrus deodara) – Devdaru helps to balance pitta dosha in the body hence extensively used in skin diseases and chronic inflammatory problems of joints.
- Bakuchi beej (Psoralea corylifolia) - Bakuchi herb is used to treat skin diseases such as leprosy, vitiligo, leukoderma and even beneficial in poisoning conditions.
- Daruhaldi (Berberis aristata) - This herb has anti-inflammatory, antiseptic, antipyretic, anti-bacterial and anti-tumorous properties hence very useful in carcinoma. It also helps in the treatment of leucorrhoea and menorrhagia.
- Triphala (Haritaki - Terminalia chebula, Vibhitaki - Terminalia bellirica, Amla - Emblica officinalis) - Triphala is a combination of three herbs haritaki, vibhitaki and amlaki. Triphala is excellent to improve digestion and enhances immunity. It acts as natural detoxifier thus, helps in removing toxins from the body.
- Madhu (Honey) - Honey contains miraculous healing properties, enhances our immune system and also helps in removal of toxins from body.
- Gud / shakkar (Jaggery) - As jaggery is antioxidant so it helps in removing the toxins from the body. It is also a good appetizer so helps in treating indigestion and relieves constipation as well.
- Dhataki pushap (Woodfordia fruticosa) - Dhataki herb has astringent, antioxidant, immune stimulating properties. It is used to treat leucorrhoea, leprosy, diarrhoea and wound, nasal, rectal bleeding, etc.
- Sheetal cheeni (Piper cubeba) - Sheetal cheeni is bitter in taste and it is used in the treatment of cold, cough and bronchitis. It is diuretic hence it is quite useful in urinary tract infections.
- Nagkeshar (Musea ferrea) - Nagkeashar has astringent properties hence it is very useful to balance aggravated pitta dosha.
- Jaiphal (Myristica fragrans) – Jaiphala is an exotic spice which acts as a natural toning cleanser. It is used in treatment of pigmented skin.
- Lavang (Syzygium aromaticum) – Lavang, due to its anti-inflammatory and analgesic properties relieves swelling and pain. It also acts as digestive.
- Chotielaichi (Elettaria cardamomum) – This herb has antioxidant and appetizer qualities thus, helps to improve digestion.
- Dalcheeni (Cinnamomum zeylanicum) – This herb cures blemishes and pimples and soothes dry skin. It also enhances skin complexion and helps to relieve skin allergies.
- Tejpatta (Cinnamomum tamala) – This herb slow down the aging process, speed up wound healing and protects body from bacterial infections.
- Peeparbadi (Piper retrofractum) - This herb is very helpful in the treatment of digestive disorders and skin diseases.
BENEFITS OF KHADIRARISHTAM
- Khadirarishta is very useful in treating acne and blemishes because it has blood purifying properties.
- It is useful in patients having itching, worm infestation and scaly skin.
- It is widely used in the treatment of skin diseases such as Mahakushta (all types of chronic skin diseases such as Psoriasis, Leprosy, etc.
- Khadirarishta is also useful in cardiac disorder, anaemia, tumour, cough, asthma, and wound infections.
Reference - Bhaishajya Ratnavali - Kushtarog Adhikar 54 / 353-358
Dose - 12 TO 25 ml Once or Twice daily (or as directed by physician)
Manufacturer – Arya Vaidya Pharmacy
Khadirarishta is used in the treatment of skin diseases, anaemia, tumour and worm infestations.