Reference: Ashtanga Hridayam
Kutajathwagadi Leham is an herbal formulation in a jam/paste form and it is also called Kutajavaleha. It aids in the treatment of diarrhea, dysentery, IBS.
- Conessi (Holarrhena antidysentrica)
- False black pepper (Embelica ribes)
- Sweet flag (Acorus calamus)
- Indian leadwort (Plumbago rossea)
- Dry ginger (Zingiber officinale)
- Black pepper (Piper nigrum)
- Long pepper (Piper longum)
- Wood apple (Aegle marmelos)
Method of Preparation
Prepare a concoction of Conessi and add the remaining ingredients in it and heat the mixture till you attain a semisolid consistency. Remove it from flame and let it cool down. When t is cool to the touch add honey to it.
5 to 10 grams two times a day after meals or as advised by the doctor.
- Enhances digestion
- Bleeding piles
- It should be avoided in constipation and piles and IBS with constipation.
- Higher dosage might case constipation.
- It should be stored away from heat and moisture.