Reference: Sharangadhara Samhita
Kutajavaleha is an herbal formulation in the form of a jam. It is very useful in curing piles, IBS etc. Kutajavaleham is another term for this formulation. It has anti-inflammatory properties.
- Kutaj (Holarrhena antidysentrica)
- Daruhaldi (Berberis aristata)
- Mochras (Bombax malabacterium)
- Trikatu (Pepper, Long pepper and ginger)
- Triphala (Haritaki, Bibhitaki and Amalaki)
- Lajjalu (Mimosa pudica)
- Chitrak (Plumbago zeylanica)
- Patha (Cissampelos pariera)
- Bilva (Aegle marmelos)
- Purified bhallatak (Semecarpus anacardium)
- Ativisha (Aconitum heterophyllum)
- Vidanga (Embelia ribes)
- Hribera (Pavonia odorata)
- Clarified butter
Method of Preparation
Prepare a concoction of Holarrhena antidysentrica and add the remaining ingredients in it and heat the mixture till you attain a semisolid consistency. Remove it from flame and let it cool down. When t is cool to the touch add honey in it.
5 to 10 grams twice a day before meals or as prescribed by your doctor.
- Ulcerative colitis
- Bleeding ailments
- Liver ailments
- There are no reported side effects as such but it should be avoided during pregnancy.
- Over dosage might cause constipation.
- It should be administered with caution which lactating and in kids.