Reference - Bhaishajya Ratnavali Amavatarogadhikara 90 - 95.
Lakshadi Guggul, is an Ayurvedic herbal preparation which is very useful to treat the diseases of bones. This Ayurvedic preparation is used to treat the various problems like low bone mineral density, osteoporosis, osteoarthritis and other diseases related to bones, teeth, joints and muscles. It helps in restoring the bone mass, strengthening bones, joints and muscles etc. The Anti-inflammatory, analgesic properties of this medicine are quite effective to the reduce the inflammation of joints and alleviate the pain.
Effect on Tridoshas
- Laksha - Laccifer lacca
- Asthisamhrut - Cissus quadrangularis
- Arjuna - Terminalia arjuna
- Ashwagandha - Withania somnifera
- Nagabala - Grewia populifolia
- Guggulu - Purified Commiphora mukul.
Method of preparation
All the above mentioned ingredients are pounded with guggulu and rolled into pills of uniform size of 500 mg.
Take 1-2 tablets twice or thrice in a day, before or after food or as directed by Ayurvedic doctor.
- Fasten the healing process of bone fracture.
- Low bone mineral density or Osteopenia
- Pain in bones
- Weakness of bones
- Bone fractures
- Fibromyalgia and muscle cramps or spasms
- Stiffness in joints and strained muscles
- Carpal tunnel syndrome
- Inflammatory diseases of bones, muscles and joints
- Repetitive motion injury
- Always take the medicine as per advised by an Ayurvedic doctor.
- There are no known side effects with this medicine. However it is best to use this product under medical supervision.
- Self-medication with this medicine is discouraged.
- Very high dose than prescribed may lead to stomach irritation.