Laxmi Narayan Rasa
Reference: Yogaratnakara Vatavyadhi Chikitsa 470.
Laxmi Narayan Rasa is an Ayurvedic medicine in tablet or powder form. It is used in the treatment of fever, gastro enteritis, diarrhea etc. It balances Vata and Pitta doshas in body. This medicine contains heavy metal ingredients, hence should only be taken under strict medical supervision.
10 g fine powder of each of:-
- Shuddha Gandhaka - Herbal purified Sulphur
- Tankana Bhasma - Borax
- Shuddha Vatsanabha - Purified Aconitum ferox
- Shuddha Hingula - Purified and processed Cinnabar (Mercury compound)
- Katuki - Picrorhiza kurroa
- Ativisha - Aconitum heterophyllum
- Pippali - Long pepper fruit - Piper longum
- Kutaja - Connessi Bark - Holarrhena antidysenterica
- Abhraka Bhasma - Purified and processed Mica
- Saindhava Lavana - Rock salt
Quantity sufficient of juice extract or water decoction of:-
- Danti - Baliospermum montanum
- Haritaki - Chebulic Myrobalan fruit rind - Terminalia chebula
- Amalaki - Indian gooseberry fruit - Emblica officinalis
- Vibhitaki - Belliric Myrobalan fruit rind - Terminalia bellirica
Method of Preparation
Fine powder ingredients are triturated with each liquid for three days. Then paste is prepared, and tablets are made.
Laxmi Narayan Rasa is an efficient Ayurvedic remedy for managing the vata and pitta related diseases.
It is very useful Ayurvedic medicine for digestive issues. In case of gastro enteritis, it helps to combat the symptoms of upset stomach, controls vomiting, watery stools and provides soothing effects to the stomach as well as improves digestion and provides relief from the discomfort. Its anti-microbial action is helpful in preventing infections and brings down the fever and provides strength to the body.
It is effective in diarrhea also, helps to control the bowel movements, reduces the watery stools and thus provides relief from the abdominal pain.
It provides relief from Fever, provides strength to the body, boosts the immunity or defense mechanism.
It is beneficial Ayurvedic remedy for malabsorption syndrome, helps to improve digestion and supports the absorption of nutrients much better, thereby provides strength to the digestive system and enhances the immunity to fight against infections.
- Malabsorption syndrome
- Gastro enteritis
- Puerperal disease
- Take 250 mg once or twice a day, before or after food or as directed by Ayurvedic doctor.
- It is traditionally administered along with fresh ginger juice, betel juice, and tender coconut water.
- Self-medication with this medicine may prove to be dangerous, since it contains Mercury as ingredient.
- Take this medicine in precise dose and for limited period of time, as advised by doctor.
- Over-dosage may cause severe poisonous effect.
- It is best avoided in pregnancy, lactation and in children.
- Keep out of reach and sight of children.