Loha Rasayana - Benefits, Usage, Indications and Dosage
Reference: Bhaishajya ratnavali, Medoroga-chikitsa-prakarana: 33-42
Loha Rasayana is a classical preparation that keep Vata and Kapha dosha balanced. This Ayurvedic medicine is available as herbal jam. It is useful in disorders caused due to vata and kapha dosha. Its uses are for skin, fever, jaundice, inflammation and as a good brain tonic etc.
- Guggulu (Commiphora wightii) - 480 g
- Talamuli (Curculigo orchioides) - Rhizome - 480 g
- Haritaki (Terminalia chebula) - Pericarp - 160 g
- Bibhitaki (Terminalia bellerica) - Pericarp - 160 g
- Amalaki (Emblica officinalis) - Pericarp - 160 g
- Khadira (Acacia catechu) - 480 g
- Vrisha (Adhatoda zeylancia) - Root - 480 g
- Trivrita (Ipomoea turpethum) - Root - 480 g
- Alambusha (Sphaeranthus indicus) - Leaf - 480 g
- Snuhi (Euphorbia neriifolia) - Latex - 480 g
- Nirgundi (Vitex negundo) - Root - 480 g
- Citraka (Plumbago zeylancia) - Root - 480 g
- Shati (Hedychium spicatum) - Rhizome - 480 g
- Water for decoction - 15.36 litres - Reduced to 3.84 litres
- Tikshnalauha curna (Iron) - 576 g
- Purana Sarpi - 768 g
- Sharkara (Sugar) - 384 g
- Makshika (Honey) - 384 g
- Shilajatu - 96 g
- Ela (Elettaria cardamomum) - Seed - 24 g
- Tvak (Cinnamomum verum) - Stem Bark - 24 g
- Vidanga (Embelia ribes) - Fruit - 96 g
- Marica (Piper nigrum) - Fruit - 96 g
- Anjana (Berberis aristata) - Stem Ext. - 96 g
- Krishna (Piper longum) - Fruit - 96 g
- Haritaki (Terminalia chebula) - Pericarp - 32 g
- Bibhitaka (Terminalia bellerica) - Pericarp - 32 g
- Amalaki (Emblica officinalis) - Pericarp - 32 g
- Kasisa - 96 g
Method of Preparation
Bundle Suddha guggulu in a cloth and then susupend it. While preparing decoction of ingredients (2-12), add sugar, ghee and lauha bhasma to the decoction. Heat and concentrate it. Then mix remaining ingredients on cooling.
Store it in a cool place in tightly closed amber colored containers, to protect from light and moisture.
Loha Rasayana is a poly herbal Ayurvedic medicine prepared to manage the various health issues. This medicine helps to boost up the immunity and strengthen the body to fight against the various infections. Anti-microbial action of this medicine is very effective to fight against the variety of skin problems like psoriasis, ring worm, eczema and scabies. It helps to relives the various problems associated with skin diseases like dryness, scaly skin, itching, sores, redness etc. Herbs used in the formulation of loha rasayana are packed with the anti-oxidants which help to delay the process of aging like wrinkles, greying of hair etc. This medicine is known to be very effective to manage other bleeding disorders like rectal bleeding, nasal bleeding etc. Anti-microbial action of this medicine also helps to manage the Urinary tracts infection (UTI). In urinary tract disorders, it helps to resolve the various problems like painful urination, frequent urination, inflammation of bladder, burning sensation etc. Besides this, this medicine helps to improve the digestion process hence it is good for obesity too.
- Useful Ayurvedic Medicine for skin diseases and obesity
- Reduces the increased frequency and turbidity of urine
- Good to use in fever, jaundice, anemia and also helpful in inflammation and anal fistula
- Other uses are for syncope, delusion, mania/psychosis and it relieves accumulated poisons.
- It also enhances strength as well as promotes immunity
- Also a good rejuvenating agents and brain tonic as well as aphrodisiacs by nature
- It can reduce wrinkles in the skin and prevent graying of hair
Consume about 6-12 gm. of this Ayurvedic medicine 2 times a day along with milk.
Contraindications / Side Effects
- Self-Medication with this medicine could be unsafe.
- Better to avoid in Pregnant and lactating mothers, as well Children.