Lose Weight in 30 Days with Ayurveda
Weight loss is always a trending topic in the world of fitness because the diets and workouts that are available in the fitness world are not possible to carry out for long durations. Therefore the weight lost using these diets and exercises always comes back. Along with it come various diseases such as hypertension, high cholesterol, diabetes, lowered immunity and cardiovascular diseases. Ayurvedic weight management is not like the trending diets but it is a way of keeping it away. This article lists the best tips to start losing weight in as little as thirty days with herbal remedies that aim at burning fat and promoting fitness.
Ayurveda, the ancient medicinal science of India has been effectively treating obesity for centuries. Ayurveda understands the body and all its processes in terms of the tridosha and the saptadhatu. Excess body fat is termed as ‘sthoulyam’ in ayurveda and is known to be caused by the over accumulation of the meda dhatu, or the adipose tissue in the body. The lack of digestive fire is also responsible for the accumulation of fatty tissue in the body. Accumulated tissues that may or may not be toxic and are of no use to the body are known as ama in ayurveda. Ayurveda prevents diseases and thus improves health by promoting balance in the doshas and dhatus of the body with the natural processes working in rhythm with the seasons, day and night.
In Ayurveda, weight loss is seen as the prevention and management of a disease. Ayurvedic weight management is a holistic process which is sustainable i.e. can be carried on for a long time without side effects. Ayurveda targets the original cause of weight gain and this becomes its advantage over other techniques and programs.
Ayurvedic Diet for Weight Loss
The Ayurvedic diet is prepared with keeping in mind its suitability for everyone. This diet should be followed strictly even after results have started appearing.
- Amla juice and aloe vera juice should be consumed 20 ml on an empty stomach.
- Vegetable Dalia or Vegetable vermicelli or Oatmeal or Vegetable Upma or stuffed roti or plain roti with seasonal vegetables should be consumed for breakfast, with beetroot juice or pomegranate juice.
- Juice of spinach or Coconut water should be taken as a snack before lunch.
- Plain or multigrain roti or brown rice with seasonal vegetables, or vegetable Khichdi should be taken with salad for lunch.
- Sprouts or fox nuts or roasted chickpeas or homemade granola can be taken as a snack with herbal tea or juice in the evening.
- Boiled rice or roti with seasonal vegetables and dal, or Khichdi, Dalia should be taken with salad for dinner.
- Whole wheat, barley, brown rice, oats and pulses can be eaten.
- Refined flour, white bread, pasta, and white rice should be avoided.
- Black currants, peaches, apples, papaya, pears, lemons and oranges, kiwi, guava, pomegranate can be eaten.
- Mangoes, banana and litchi should be avoided.
- Green leafy vegetables, carrots, beets, tomatoes, radishes, cucumber, zucchini, ginger, garlic, cabbage, broccoli, cauliflower, pumpkin, and bottle gourd can be eaten.
- Potatoes and sweet potatoes should be avoided.
- Pigeon peas, chickpeas, black beans and kidney beans can be eaten.
- Black gram, dried and frozen peas should be avoided.
- Skimmed and low fat milk and buttermilk can be consumed.
- Cheese, butter, ghee should be avoided.
- Fenugreek, peppers, cloves, mint, cinnamon, parsley, coriander, mustard and turmeric can be consumed.
- Green tea, vegetable and fruit juices, coconut water, herbal teas can be consumed.
- Soda, cold drinks, alcohol, energy drinks and packed fruit juices should be avoided.
- Lean meats, salmon and egg white can be consumed.
- Red and processed meats should be avoided.
- Pumpkin seeds, Chia seeds, walnuts and almonds can be consumed.
- Cashew nuts, dates, prunes and sunflower seeds should be avoided.
- Olive oil should be used.
- Corn oil, sunflower oil, rice bran oil, and cottonseed oil should not be used.
- Junk food, coconut milk, coconut cream, puffs and snacks, yogurts, pastries, puffs, candies and sweets should be avoided.
Other Tips for Weight Loss
Ayurveda recommends you follow these tips for maximum benefit:
- Practice Yoga - Yoga is an excellent exercise and also helps prevent various diseases like obesity, diabetes, cardiovascular diseases, respiratory issues, kidney malfunction, and joint diseases. You can join a dedicated yoga session where your needs are taken care of.
- Get Good Sleep - When you do not sleep well enough you are more likely to develop diseases and gain weight. Also, try to avoid your afternoon naps because they can interfere with a good night's sleep.
- Drink Enough Water - Drink one-two glasses of warm water first thing in the morning. You can add lemon into it. Sip on warm water during the day. Drink herbal teas like ginger, cinnamon, Tulsi, etc.
- Avoid caffeinated beverages and carbonated cold drinks. They give you excess sugar and contribute to weight gain.
- Always eat seasonally available fruits and vegetables. Also, the crops that grow near and around you should be included in your diet.
- Make and follow a routine in meals and sleep. Try to stick to it because the body starts becoming normal once you try to regularize your habits.
- Avoid eating snacks in between meals. Eat only healthy and unprocessed small food items if there is a big gap between meals.
- Take care of your portion sizes. You may be eating too much compared to your needs. Do not overload your stomach; allow some space for digestive juices and movement of digested food.
- Eat in a calm environment, do not rush. When you eat breakfast or lunch while running here and there at work you are more likely to overeat. Also, avoid watching the TV while eating. Some people also have the habit of reading the newspaper or scrolling the phone while eating, which is bad for the body.
- Walk Regularly - Many people complain that they do not have the time to go for a walk or that their kids are young and cannot be taken on a walk. Walking is the easiest and most effective activity which can be done by people of all ages and it doesn't harm the body in any way.
- Do Not Stress - Stress adversely affects the body as it hampers metabolism and also worsens all diseases.
- Always stick to your diet and exercise routine.
- Consume ayurvedic remedies and supplements that aid weight loss.
Weight Loss Herbal Remedies by Planet Ayurveda
Planet Ayurveda manufactures pure herbal formulations that are used as medications and tonics worldwide. These formulations are carefully sourced from authentic texts on Ayurveda written in ancient India thousands of years ago and improved with time. The formulations are chemical free and additive free and thus safe for consumption by people of all ages and individual conditions as they are free from all kinds of preservatives, starches, additives, binders, fillers, colors and chemicals. The products are suitable for people with all dietary preferences and restrictions since these are completely plant-based, halal and organically grown. The combination ‘Thinner You Pack’ has been created by experts at Planet Ayurveda for Ayurvedic weight management with 100% natural products. It helps maintain healthy fat in the body.
Planet Ayurveda Thinner You Pack
- Trim Support Capsules
- Stholyantak Churna
- Garcinia Capsules
- Guggul Capsules
1. Trim Support Capsules
A poly-herbal formulation consisting of Vrikshamla (Garcinia cambogia), Mustak (Cyperus rotundus), and Triphala (Myrobalans), the trim support capsules effectively maintain the metabolism of fat in the body and hence improve fitness.
Dosage: 1 capsule twice daily with warm water after meals.
2. Stholyantak Churna
This powder consists of effective herbs such as Balbach (Iris ensata), Vidang (Embelia ribes), Kalmegh (Andrographis paniculata), Chitrak (Plumbago zeylanica), etc. aims to balance the doshas and prevents the further deposition of fat in various parts of the body.
Dosage: 1 tbsp. mixed with water/juice twice daily after meals.
3. Garcinia Capsules
This pure herbal formulation consisting of standardized extract of Garcinia (Garcinia cambogia) helps boost the fat metabolism in the body.
Dosage: 2 capsules twice daily with warm water after meals.
4. Guggul Capsules
The standardized extract of Guggul (Commiphora mukul) is used to make these single-herbal capsules which are used to maintain the constant fat loss in both males and females.
Dosage: 1 cap twice daily with warm water after meals.
Ayurvedic management of weight is safe and can be carried out without any side effects that modern and short term diets bring with them. The remedies mentioned in this article are generally safe for everyone but pregnant women and the people with multiple conditions should always consider an expert before beginning any medication. The Ayurvedic diet and other tips are recommended to be followed strictly along with the medications in order to see maximum results. It should be noted that there is no shortcut and if you wish to get results in the first month itself you have to commit to your diet and follow a healthy lifestyle along with that.