Maha Vilwadi Lehyam
Maha Vilwadi Lehyam is a poly herbal formulation that is prepared from the mixture of herbs. This is mainly known to contain vilwamula, commonly known as bael root. This formulation is known to treat the problems related to bowel and digestion.
Each 10 gram contains:-
- Vilwamula (Aegle marmelos) - 4.800 g
- Guda (Jaggery) - 4.800 g
- Honey - 1.333 ml
- Ginger - Zingiber officinale - 0.480 g
- Chitraka - Plumbago zeylanica - 0.160 g
- Maricha (Piper nigrum) - 0.640 g
- Pippali (Piper longum) - 0.320 g
- Chavya (Piper cubeba) - 0.160 g
- Kesara (Crocus sativa) - 0.080 g
- Karpura (Cinnamomum camphora) - 0.010 g
- Pippalimula (Piper longum) - 0.320 g
- Jeeraka (Cuminum cyminum) - 0.320 g
- Trijata - Each of following up to 0.040 g:-
- Cinnamomum zeylanicum - dalchinni
- Elettaria cardamomum - ilaichi
- Cinnamomum tamala - patra
Method of Preparation
- Take Vilwamula and put in a container.
- Add water to that container and heat the mixture till the water is reduced up to one fourth level.
- After boiling process, filter the solution.
- The collected filtrate is known as herbal decoction.
- To the decoction, add jaggery and boil to get semi solid consistency.
- Then add all other ingredients to the mixture to get leham.
- At last add honey to the mixture.
Properties of Maha Vilwadi Lehyam
This Ayurvedic medicine is prepared to manage various digestive problems like indigestion, vomiting, diarrhea, IBS (Irritable Bowel syndrome) etc. It supports the good health of digestive system as it improves the digestion process. In the problem of indigestion, it helps to ease the symptoms like abdominal pain, loss of appetite, nausea, vomiting, bloating, flatulence etc. For IBS use of this medicine is quiet good as it helps to increase the digestive fire and eliminate the accumulated toxins (ama) from body. Maha Vilwadi Lehyam is useful medicine to relieve the constipation. It is quite effective medicine to manage the piles (hemorrhoids). It reduces the internal pressure which results in the swelling of the veins. Anthelminthic properties of this medicine help to eliminate the intestinal worms. In short this medicine eliminates all the waste materials from body. Anti-microbial action of this medicine, is quite good to manage the diarrhea as it combat against the bacterial infections. Decongestant properties of this medicine help to relieve the problem of coughing.
- Intestinal worms
- Abdominal tumor
- Loss of appetite
5 grams to 15 grams, before or after meals.
- Avoid in pregnancy.
- Take medicine under doctor's prescription.
Dr. Meenakshi Chauhan
MD (ALT. MEDICINE) View Profile