Reference: Rasendra Sara Sangraha Kapharoga Chikitsa 17 - 29.
Mahalaxmi Vilas Ras is a classical preparation of Ayurveda that balances Vata, Pitta and Kapha. This Ayurvedic medicine is available in tablet form and it consists of heavy metal ingredients therefore must be taken only under strict medical directions. It has potent use in the treatment of severe and chronic diseases like skin diseases, diabetes, and elephantiasis etc.
- Abhraka Bhasma (Bhasma (calx) of Mica) - 48 g
- Shuddha Gandhaka (Purified and processed Sulphur) - 24 g
- Vanga Bhasma (Bhasma of Tin) - 12 g
- Shuddha Parada (Purified and processed Mercury) - 6 g
- Shuddha Haratala (Purified Orpiment (Arsenic tri sulphide) - 6 g
- Tamra Bhasma (Bhasma (calx) of Copper) - 3g
- Karpoora (Camphor) (Cinnamomum camphora) - 6 g
- Jatiphala (Nutmeg) (Myristica fragrans) fruit - 12 g
- Vriddhadaru (Argyrea speciosa) - 12 g
- Swarna Bhasma (Bhasma (Calx) of Gold) - 12 g
Method of Preparation
Grind the fine powder of Abhraka Bhasma, Shuddha Gandhaka, Vanga Bhasma, Shuddha Parada, Shuddha Haratala, Tamra Bhasma, Karpoora, Jatiphala, Vriddhadaru and Swarna Bhasma with the juice extract and then prepare its paste and finally form pills.
Mahalaxmi Vilas Ras is an effective Ayurvedic medicine available in the tablet form. It balances all the tridoshas – vata, pitta and kapha in body. Use of this medicine is quite good to manage the variety of diseases like diarrhea, hernia, skin diseases, diabetes, elephantiasis, sinus, non-healing wounds, fistula, cough, cold, lymphadenopathy and gynecological complaints etc. In the case of respiratory complications, it helps to clear the phlegm and mucous away from air ways. It helps to alleviate the symptoms associated with the cough and cold like chest and nasal congestion etc. This ras acts as an amazing blood detoxifier as it helps to clear the impurities from blood. It helps to resolve the various problems associated with the skin like itching, sores, blisters, rashes, patches, scaly, dry skin etc. In diabetes, this medicine helps to lower down the blood sugar levels. In ascites, this medicine helps to resolve the abdominal distension. Anti-inflammatory and antipyretic properties of this medicine help to provide relief in symptoms of elephantiasis like fever, muscle ache, excess sweating etc. Mahalaxmi vilas ras acts as an amazing aphrodisiac, thus helps to increase the sexual desire. It is good medicine to manage the gynecological problems in females like pelvic pain, vaginal itching, vaginal discharge and abnormal vaginal bleeding etc.
- Ayurvedic treatment for throat related problems such as lymphadenopathy and diseases of ear, nose, throat, eyes and headache.
- Also a good remedy in diarrhea, hemorrhoids, ascites and hernia etc.
- It also has use in skin diseases, diabetes, facial palsy, elephantiasis, non-healing wounds, and fistula, cough, cold, phthisis, emaciation, rhinitis, obesity, sinus and rheumatoid arthritis etc.
- Also useful in gynecological complaints.
- It also acts as natural aphrodisiac and rejuvenative medicine.
Consume 125 mg 1-2 times a day, before or after having meals or as suggested by Ayurvedic doctor. It can be administered along with honey and milk.
- Practicing self-medication with this medicine might be unsafe.
- Have this medicine in exact dose and that too for limited period of time, as directed by doctor.
- Its over-dose may cause severe toxic effect.
- Better to avoid in pregnant and lactating mothers as well as in children.
- Keep it out of the sight and reach of children. Store in a dry cool place.