Reference: Sharangadhara Samhita
Maharasnadi Kashayam (Kwath) is an herbal formulation. It cures Vata disorders like arthritis, infertility, filariasis, locked jaw, sperm disorders, gout, hernia, and knee pain etc. This medicine pacifies vata dosha. While consuming this medicine you should avoid vata aggravating foods like peas, cauliflower, spices. You should also eat light and easily digestible food. Cumin, Asafetida, Bitter gourd, Bottle gourd help in reducing aggravated vata.
- Rasna (Pluchea lanceolata)
- Dhanvayasa (Alhagi pseudalhagi)
- Country mallow (Sida cordifolia)
- Castor root (Ricinus communis)
- Devadaru (Cedrus deodara)
- Shati (Hedychium spicatum)
- Vacha (Acorus calamus)
- Vasa (Adhatoda vasica)
- Ginger (Zingiber officinalis)
- Haritaki (Terminalia chebula)
- Chavya (Piper chaba)
- Musta (Cyperus rotundus)
- Punarnava (Boerhavia diffusa)
- Guduchi (Tinospora cordifolia)
- Vriddhadaru (Argyria speciosa)
- Shatapushpa (Anethum sowa)
- Gokshura (Tribulus terrestris)
- Ashwagandha (Withania somnifera)
- Prativisha (Aconitum heterophyllum)
- Golden rain tree (Cassia fistula)
- Shatavari (Asparagus racemosus)
- Long pepper (Piper longum)
- Porcupine flower (Barleria prionitis)
- Yellow berried nightshade (Solanum xanthocarpum)
- Coriander seeds (Coriandrum sativum)
- Poison berry (Solanum indicum)
Method of Preparation
Clean the ingredients and add them to 8 parts of water and put it over flame. Boil it till it reduces to just 1/4th part and let it cool down. Once cooled, filter the concoction and store it in dark bottles away from heat and light.
12 to 24 ml before meals with equal amounts of water.
- Parkinson's disease
- Rheumatoid arthritis
- Knee pain
- Pelvic pain
- Lower backache
- There are no reported side effects.
- Self-medication should be avoided.