Mahayograj Guggul - Benefits, Usage, Indications and Dosage
Reference: Sharangadhara samhita Madhyama khanda 7/56-69
Mahayograj Guggul is a well-known and multipurpose Ayurvedic medicine in tablet form that balances all the three Doshas - Vata, Pitta and Kapha. This tablet has Guggulu (Commiphora mukul) as its base. It is useful in many diseases. It has strong rejuvenative action, and anti-inflammatory and anti-arthritic properties and detoxifies body. It must always be taken under strict medical supervision.
- Ginger (Zingiber officinale) - 3 g
- Long pepper (Piper longum) - 3 g
- Chavya (Piper retrofractum) - 3 g
- Pippali mool (Long pepper root) - 3 g
- Hingu (Ferula asafoetida) - 3 g
- Chitraka (Plumbago zeylancia) - 3 g
- Ajamoda (Trachyspermum roxburghianum) - 3 g
- Shweta jeeraka (Cuminum cyminum) - 3 g
- Krishna jeeraka (Carum carvi) - 3 g
- Renuka (Vitex agnus) - 3 g
- Indrayava (Holarrhena antidysenterica) - 3 g
- Patha (Cissampelos pariera) - 3 g
- Vidanga (Embelia ribes) - 3 g
- Gaja pippali (Scindapsus officinalis) - 3 g
- Katuka (Picrorihiza kurroa) - 3 g
- Ativisha (Aconitum heterophyllum) - 3 g
- Bharngi (Clerodendron serratum) - 3 g
- Vacha (Acorus calamus) - 3 g
- Murva (Marsdenia tenacissima) - 3 g
- Triphala - Haritaki (Terminalia chebula), Vibhitaki (Terminalia bellirica), Amla (Emblica officinalis) - 40 g each
- Purified resin of Shuddha Guggulu (Commiphora mukul) - 180 g
- Vanga Bhasma - 48 g
- Roupya Bhasma - 48 g
- Naga Bhasma - 48 g
- Loha Bhasma - 48 g
- Abhraka Bhasma - 48 g
- Mandura Bhasma - 48 g
- Rasasindhura - 48 g
Method of Preparation
Heat process is used in its manufacturing. The Guggulu (gum resin) is melted along with water. Then the remaining ingredients are added to it, and semisolid paste is made which is rolled to tablet form.
Use 1-2 tablets, 2-3 times a day, before or after having your meals or as suggested by Ayurvedic doctor.
- Mahayograj Guggul is extensively used Ayurvedic treatment for gout, it decreases joint swelling and pain.
- Effective in Haemorrhoids, piles, anal Fistula, Diseases of abdomen and can reduce the pain in umbilical region.
- Provides beneficial effects in musculoskeletal disorders and nerve pain, Epilepsy as well in diabetes.
- Benefits in Malabsorption syndrome
- Reduces stiffness' and tightness in the chest
- Improves the Tastelessness
- Good to use in Colicky Pain, Urinary disorders, Obesity, Rat poisoning, Eye disorder.
- Beneficial in Phthisis, Dyspnea/Asthma, Cough, sprue Anemia.
- Efficient in vitiation of semen, menstrual disorder, Infertility.
Contraindications/ Side Effects
- It is better to use this product under medical supervision.
- Self-medication with this medicine is discouraged.
- Very high dose than prescribed may lead to stomach irritation.