Reference - Ashtanga Hridayam Pandu Chikitsa – 16/16 – 18
Mandoora Vatakam is very well known ayurvedic formulation that is prepared from many herbs. This formulation is known to treat problems related to skin and liver.
- Chavya – Piper retrofractum
- Pippali – Piper longum
- Apya – Purified and incinerated copper pyrite
- Darvi Twacha – Bark of Berberis aristata
- Devadaru – Cedrus deodara
- Vyoshadi Navaka - Consist following herbs:-
- Maricha - Piper nigrum
- Pippali - Piper longum
- Ginger - Zingiber officinale
- Amla - Emblica officinalis
- Haritaki - Terminalia chebula
- Vibhitaki – Terminalia bellirica
- Musta – Cyperus rotundus
- Vidanga – Embelia ribes
- Chitraka – Plumbago zeylanica
- Mandoora – Purified Ferric oxide.
Method of Preparation
- Powder all the ingredients.
- Take all powdered form ingredients and mixed with cow urine to make its paste.
- Make tablets of 250 mg from this paste.
Mandoora Vatakam, effective Ayurvedic classical formulation, possessing blood detoxifier, anti-inflammatory etc. properties. This Ayurvedic medicine provides quiet efficient results in anemia, liver and skin conditions.
It is a potent tonic for anemia, as it is iron containing formulation. It is good for liver conditions and is effective to use in jaundice, fatty liver and hepatitis. It is helpful in splenic disorders, having blood purifying action.
It is efficient in digestive problems, boosts the digestion and improves the appetite in case of anorexia. It brings relief by reducing intestinal inflammation, bloating and reduces the abdominal discomfort. It provides relief from hemorrhoids, controls bleeding and reduces the inflammation, relieving the painful situation.
It is useful in skin ailments too, reduces inflammatory conditions, and even helps to relieve stiffness due to thigh cramps. It improves the taste in tastelessness. Also good in urinary disorders.
- Skin ailments
Two tablets, two times a day, after meals.
- Avoid during pregnancy.
- Take under medical prescription
- Gastric irritation or stomach upset due to over dose.