Reference: Sahasra Yoga, Taila Yoga Prakarana - 38.
Neelibhringadi Taila (Oil) is an Ayurvedic and herbal hair oil, which is useful product to improve quality of hair, to treat split hairs, premature graying and baldness.
- Neeli swarasa (Indigofera tinctorea) - Juice extract or decoction of - 768 ml
- Bhringaraja swarasa (Eclipta alba) - Juice extract or decoction of - 768 ml
- Shatakratulata (Karnasphota) (Cardiospermum helicacabum) - decoction - 768 ml
- Dhatri (Amla) (Emblica officinalis) - 768 ml
- Aja ksheera (Goat milk) - 768 ml
- Nalikera Ksheera (coconut) - 768 ml
- Mahishiksheera - Buffalo milk - 768 ml
- Dhenudbhava (Cow milk) - 768 ml
- Taila (Coconut oil) - 768 ml
- Yashti (Licorice) (Glycyrrhiza glabra) - 32 g
- Gunjamoola (Abrus precatorius) - Root of - 32 g
- Anjana (Berberis aristata) - Aqueous extract of - 32 g
Method of Preparation
Take juices, animal milks and base oil (coconut or sesame oil). Prepare herbal paste using water or milk. Then, mix all ingredients and heat the mixture till only oil left behind. Left over oil is Neelibhringadi Taila (Oil).
Leave the Neelibhringadi Taila (Oil) with herbal residues for its natural cooling for 24 to 48 hours. After all this filter Neelibhringadi Oil and remove the residues. Finally Neelibhringadi Taila (Oil) is ready to use.
How to Use it?
- This oil is for external application only.
- It's application over scalp followed by its gentle massage for five minutes.
- It can be applied during night and hair wash can be done in the morning.
- It can also be applied in the morning, half an hour before head bath.
- For daily basis small quantities can be applied.
- In case of its use for very long period of time take advice of Doctor.
- This oil is useful in treating premature greying, split hairs as well as hair loss.
- It is also helpful treatment in case of baldness or hair loss.
- Also help in controlling dandruff and scalp itching.
- It can even improves quality, smoothness and shine of the hair.
- Also indicated in case of scalp infections, scalp acne and tinea capitis (fungal infection) etc.
No side effects has been noticed with external application of this oil.Share with your friends: