Reference: Chakradatta Jwara Chikitsa 101, Sahasrayogam.
Nimbadi Kashayam is a very famous liquid Ayurvedic medicine which is also known as Nimadi Kashaya. The main ingredient of this medicine is neem. It is a concentrated decoction prepared out of natural herbal ingredients with water.
- Neem – Azadirachta indica
- Ginger- Zingiber officinale
- Giloy - Tinospora cordifolia
- Daru - Cedurs deodara
- Shati – Hedychium spicatum
- Bhunimba – Andrographis paniculata
- Paushkara – Inula racemosa
- Pippali – Long pepper- Piper longum
- Gajapippali – Scindapsus officinalis
- Brihati – Solanum indicum
How to make?
Boil the above ingredients using water till it is reduced to 1/4th then filter it.
Take 12 – 24 ml of kashaya before food, or as directed by Ayurvedic doctor.
It is usually advised to add equal amount of water to the kashayam.
It is advised to take little honey after taking this kashayam.
- Malignant wounds
- Diabetic carbuncles
There are no known side effects.
Note - Special care and precaution is required while administering this medicine to people with diabetes.
Its Overdose may lead to stomach irritation and gastritis.Share with your friends: