Reference: Sahasrayoga, Kashaya Prakarana (Medicated alkali)
Panaviraladi Bhasma is an Ayurvedic medicine in the form of powder which is useful in treating the conditions of edema and ascites. According to Ayurvedic terms, it is Kshara type of preparation. Which is described by Ayurveda as a formulation that induces diuresis and decreases fluid accumulation in the body.
It consists of Equal parts of:-
- Panavirala (Borassus flabellifer)
- Katalati (Achyranthes aspera
- Chulli (Hygrophila) (Asteracantha longifolia) Root
- Rambha (Banana tree) (Musa paradisiaca)
- Consumption: 250 mg to 1 gram twice a day before or after food along with buttermilk or water, or as recommended by Ayurvedic doctor.
- The powder is used by adding either with buttermilk, or with water.
- It is also guided to consume it with hot or cold water or in water of cooked rice.
Method of Preparation
The drugs have to be burnt in an open earthen pot and ash should be obtained.
This ash is then added with water and filtered. The liquid is added with buttermilk and fermented.
- Its medicinal properties include Diuretic, Carminative, Digestive stimulant, liver protective, mild anodyne and mild anti-inflammatory effects
- It is very useful Ayurvedic Medicine for the treatment of ascites, reducing the overall swelling.
- An efficient remedy in Anemia.
- It is also beneficial in providing relief in case of abdominal distension, liver and spleen disorders.
- This is a good medicine in dropsy.
As this consists of variety of salts, therefore it may not be a perfect medicine for people having problem of hypertension.
Being alkaline in nature, it can result in excess loss of body fluid.
Having kshara as ingredient, this may influence the quality and quantity of sperm on long term use. Therefore people undergoing medical treatment for low sperm count should take precaution.Share with your friends: