Reference: Siddha Yoga Sangraha Vatarogadhikara 20/17, AFI Vol. II, 8:7
Panchgun Tailam is herbal Ayurvedic medicated oil that has property to keep the Vata and Pitta balanced. This is Ayurvedic medicine that is useful in the treatment of rheumatoid arthritis, ear ache, non-healing wounds, etc.
- Haritaki (Chebulic Myrobalan) fruit rind (Terminalia chebula) – 60 g
- Vibhitaki (Belliric Myrobalan) fruit rind (Terminalia bellirica) – 60 g
- Amalaki (Indian gooseberry) (Emblica officinalis) fruit – 60 g
- Nimba (Neem) (Azadirachta indica) - Leaves of – 180 g
- Sambhalu (Nirgundi) (Vitex negundo) - Leaves – 180 g
- Til taila (Sesame oil) – 960 ml
- Madhuchishta (Honey bee wax)
- Gandhaphiroja (Sarala) (Pinus longifolia) - Long leaved pine (wood, resin)
- Shilarasa (Turushka) (Amber orientalis) - Liquid
- Rala (Shala) (Shorea robusta)
- Guggulu (Indian bedelium) (gum resin) (Commiphora mukul)
- Karpoora (Camphor) (Cinnamomum camphora) – 60 g
- Tarapina taila (Turpentine oil) – 30 ml
- Tailaparna (Eucalyptus oil) – 30 ml
- Kejoputi taila – 30 ml
Method of Preparation
- Prepare decoction using Haritaki, Vibhitaki, Amalak, Nimba and Sambhalu with about 4.320 liters which is boiled till it get reduced to 1.080 liters.
- Now form a paste using 48 g of each of Madhuchishta, Gandhaphiroja, Shilarasa, Rala and Guggulu.
- Mix all the ingredients and boil till its whole moisture is lost from the oil and then filter it.
- Add Eucalyptus, and Turpentine oil at the end and stir it well.
Panchgun Tailam is efficient Ayurvedic oil that is much helpful to keep the vata and pitta balance and provides relief from disease. It has only external use.
It possesses antiseptic property that helps in good healing in case of wounds, cuts and burn injuries. This oil is very beneficial in arthritis, massaging with this oil provides relief from pain and swelling, improving the movements in joints. It is effective to get rid of pain in sprain and reduces joint pain, helps in easy movements. It is very suitable in rheumatoid arthritis. Reliving pain, swelling and redness in joints. It is also good to use in ear ache, dropping little drops of this oil in ear helps to lessen the pain in ear.
How to Use?
Panchgun Tailam is only for external application. Use appropriate amount of oil and smoothly rub it over the affected area and it can be used for 3-6 months as recommended by doctor.
- This Ayurvedic remedy is for treatment of rheumatoid arthritis, osteoarthritis.
- Also a good relief in case of ear ache, and non-healing wounds.
- This is even useful remedy for internal muscular Pain, sprain.
- It can give relief from Burn injury.
Contraindications / Side Effects
No side effects has been known with external application of this oil.Share with your friends: