Reference: Bharat Bhaishajya Ratnakar 3:4012
Punarnavadi Guggulu is an Ayurvedic medicine in tablet form. It is used in the treatment of gout, sciatica, low back ache etc. It helps to maintain healthy fluid level in body & helps to reduce the problems caused by water retention like swelling in body due to fluid accumulation.
- Punarnava (Boerhaavia diffusa)
- Erand (Ricinus communis)
- Shunti (Zingiber officinalis)
- Guggulu (Commiphora mukul)
- Castor oil (Ricinus communis)
- Trivrit (Operculina turpethum)
- Nikumbha (Baliospermum montanum)
- Guduchi (Tinospora cordifolia)
- Haritaki (Terminalia chebula)
- Vibhitaki (Terminalia bellirica)
- Amalaki (Emblica officinalis)
- Maricha (Piper nigrum)
- Pippali (Piper longum)
- Saindhava Lavana – Rock salt
- Bhallataka (Semecarpus anacardium)
- Vidanga (Embelia ribes)
- Punarnava (Boerhavia diffusa)
- Makshika Bhasma (Bhasma of Copper-Iron Pyrite)
HOW TO MAKE?
All the ingredients are pounded and then rolled into pills.
1 – 2 tablets, once or twice a day before or after food or as directed by Ayurvedic doctor.
- Cardio protective
- Low back ache
- Rheumatoid arthritis
- Other skeleto-muscular and joint disorders.
- Maintains healthy kidney functions.
- Helps to maintain and balance fluids/water in the body
- Improves circulation of fluids
- Inflammation & swelling
In prescribed dose is safe for use under medical supervision but its over-dosage may cause burning sensation and gastritis.
Note - Diabetic, hypertensive patients, pregnant ladies, lactating mothers and children should take this medicine strictly under medical supervision.Share with your friends: